New Beats Fit Pro feature active noise cancellation, H1 chip for $199.99

Posted:
in General Discussion edited November 2021
Apple's Beats by Dre subsidiary officially unveiled the Beats Fit Pro, a new pair of wireless headphone equipped with active noise cancellation and aimed at the fitness market.

Credit: Beats by Dre
Credit: Beats by Dre

The Beats Fit Pro sport an Apple H1 chip, which affords it all the conveniences of AirPods -- including Find My integration, automatic device switching, an eartip fit test, and Hey Siri.

Like the AirPods Pro, the Beats Fit Pro also feature active noise cancellation and transparency mode, as well support for Apple's spatial audio with dynamic head tracking in Apple Music.

The Beats Fit Pro feature a wingtip design that's the company says will allow for a "comfortable and stable fit on any ear shape or size." Beats claims that the wingtip design was "digitally modeled suing measurements from thousands of ears to achieve the performance combination of soft, pliable material around a rigid core."

Like AirPods Pro, the Beats Fit Pro also come with interchangeable ear tips. They also use a skin detect sensor to automatically control playback when placed in or removed from ears.

Beats says the new earbuds are rated to last up to seven hours of listening time, or six hours if ANC is enabled. The USB-C charging case provides up to 21 hours of additional battery life.

The Beats Fit Pro are available in Stone Purple, Sage Gray, White, and Black. They are available to purchase starting Monday for $199.99.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,371member
    These look like a very compelling alternative to the AirPods Pro. The only complaint I have about the AirPods Pro is that they are hard, shiny, and slippery. I have a hard time pulling them out of their case and wish that Apple included an eject button on the case. The Beats charging case is a little bulkier but it looks far easier to deal with and won’t get confused with a dental floss dispenser.

I wish these Beats were available when I was considering the AirPods Pro. At least on paper, these look like they’d suit my needs better than the AirPods Pro. Having a choice of colors only adds to their attractiveness. Looking forward to a ears-on review.
    ronnpatchythepiratescstrrf
  • Reply 2 of 11
    thttht Posts: 5,450member
    Definitely on the buy list for me. I need an exercise pair and an easy listening pair. So probably this Beats Fit Pro and maybe an AirPods Pro.

Still undecided on a pair of tin cans. Depends on the attrition rate of the exercise buds. 
    ronn
  • Reply 3 of 11
    sflagelsflagel Posts: 805member
    Am I the only one thinking that with different colours and without the stem, these look A LOT better than the AirpodPros? Awaiting the audio quality reviews now.
    ronnscstrrf
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Sounds like a Winner, but, can you charge the case wirelessly?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Are they avail st Apple Store
    edited November 2021
  • Reply 6 of 11
    These don’t look like they would stay in my ears any better than the AirPods Pro or the Master & Dynamic buds. The PowerBeats Pro never came out of my ears but they don’t have either noise cancellation or noise isolation which is a must for me when I’m mowing the lawn. The Sennheiser ear buds fit like traditional ear plugs but the sound quality is only so-so. I wear the Sennheiser when I need sound isolation and I worry about them staying in my ears. I wear the Master & Dynamic when I’m less worried about them falling out of my ears and I want the higher sound quality.
    ronn
  • Reply 7 of 11
    ronnronn Posts: 654member
    sflagel said:
    Am I the only one thinking that with different colours and without the stem, these look A LOT better than the AirpodPros? Awaiting the audio quality reviews now.
    I feel the same. Waiting for reviews with comparisons to see if this would be a better fit since AirPods have never felt comfortable for me.
    scstrrf
  • Reply 8 of 11
    geomac25 said:
    No you cannot.
    ronn
  • Reply 9 of 11
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,371member
    geomac25 said:
    No you cannot.
    So far that’s the only negative I’ve seen. I’ve found that I recharge my AirPods Pro wirelessly nearly 100% of the time. On the other hand the Beats are USB-C versus lightning on the AirPods Pro.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,126member
    Strange - not available in Canada (yet).
  • Reply 11 of 11
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    tht said:
    Definitely on the buy list for me. I need an exercise pair and an easy listening pair. So probably this Beats Fit Pro and maybe an AirPods Pro.

Still undecided on a pair of tin cans. Depends on the attrition rate of the exercise buds. 
    Same here. I got my AirPods Max the other day to complement my Pro’s, and I’ve started looking for a casual, or “easy listening” pair to round everything out. I was leaning towards the Powerbeats Pro, but I think these might be the better option. They’re newer, lighter, and the wingtips will ensure they still stay in place, assuming they’re as good as the ones on my old and beloved BeatsX. 
    ronn