LG smart TVs gain Apple Music app

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited November 2021
Apple Music is now available as an app on certain LG Smart TVs.

Source: LG
Source: LG

After promoting Apple TV+ on selected models of its smart TVs, LG has now announced that it is adding an Apple Music app. Subscribers to Apple Music will be able to stream the service's 90 million tracks in much the same way that Apple TV 4K users can.

Get ready to turn up the volume @AppleMusic is now on LG Smart TVs with over 90 million songs streaming ad-free. pic.twitter.com/bI3BdbLqjr

-- LG Electronics (@LGUS)

The new app was announced via Twitter and, unlike with the Apple TV+ promotion, LG has yet to specify which smart TVs it will be available on. Existing LG users can check online if their device is compatible.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I am tired of this one race promotion in all adds. Seriously that will be declared reversed racism really soon. Start doing diversity ads and commercials instead promoting stupid activism. Many of us  came to this country from places that did not have this problem and are bothered to be treated like that.
    edited November 2021 libertymatters
  • Reply 2 of 6
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    I am tired of this one race promotion in all adds. Seriously that will be declared reversed racism really soon. Start doing diversity ads and commercials instead promoting stupid activism. Many of us  came to this country from places that did not have this problem and are bothered to be treated like that.
    You may have a point, but you’ve come to the wrong place to make it. 
    libertymattersScot1
  • Reply 3 of 6
    linkmanlinkman Posts: 1,035member
    Hopefully most of the people using Apple Music on a TV will listen to this through a sound bar at a minimum. Today's nice svelte TVs have had to make one serious compromise to obtain that thinness: audio quality.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    linkman said:
    Hopefully most of the people using Apple Music on a TV will listen to this through a sound bar at a minimum. Today's nice svelte TVs have had to make one serious compromise to obtain that thinness: audio quality.
    You can say that again. I recently purchased an LG with built in Dolby Atmos surround sound. The speakers still sounded awful. 
    edited November 2021 byronlwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    linkman said:
    You can say that again. I recently purchased an LG with built in Dolby Atmos surround sound. The speakers still sounded awful. 
    LG generally gives away a Soundbar (with a subwoofer) when you purchase a 4K TV here. However, even that is mediocre. 
    A dedicated sound system really helps.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 6
    This would be great, unfortunately LG see’s Apple Music as a static image on 4K TVs so the built in screen saver comes on after a couple of minutes, even though the lyrics are shooting up the screen?!? 
    Constantly having to press a button to see the screen and lyrics. 
    Unusable, and useless visually, I hope LG and Apple talk and update soon. 
    G
    watto_cobra