Powerbook Charger

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
My powerbook charger will stop charging after a while and the amber or green light will not be present. To get it to come back and give the ocmputer power I have to unplug the charger from its power source and plug it back in, unplugging it from the computer does nothing.

Being that this is a fairly new 15" and a potentially seriously problem I hope someone can help me with whats wrong.

Thanks,

Dan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I would call Apple up and see if they can look at it seeing as it is still under warranty. If it is something simple or a known problem a tech guy on the phone will most likely instruct you as to a solution. Good luck! Those 15" 1GHz/Superdrive Powerbooks are sweeeeet 8)
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I have had the same problem, watch out that your adaptor doesn't burn out, my cord that goes into the powerbook was ripped a bit and the adaptor just shorted without shutting itself off so it was so hot i couldn't touch it and i'm sure if i let it plugged in it would melt.

I now have a new adaptor which from time to time has the some symtoms u describe.

I also like to know what's up with these adaptors.

Anyone else experience this?