New HomePod mini colors now available in Australia and New Zealand

Posted:
in General Discussion edited November 2021
Customers in Australia and New Zealand can now order Apple's HomePod mini in the newly released blue, yellow and orange colorways.

HomePod mini

Availability of the new HomePod mini colors in Australia and New Zealand follows an initial launch in Canada, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan and the U.S. on Nov. 1.

Announced in October at Apple's "Unleashed" hardware event, the new HomePod mini color options further differentiate the small spherical speaker that serves mainly as a conduit for Siri. With Siri integration and iPhone support, HomePod mini can act as a voice assistant, smart home controller, speakerphone and, of course, a playback device for Apple Music and other streaming sources.

Buyers now have a total of five color selections from which to choose, as the original white and Space Gray options are still available.

When the device was unveiled, Apple promised availability in the first six launch countries would be followed by Australia, Austria, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, Spain, and the UK later in November.

On Monday, Italian blog iSpazio claimed the new HomePod mini colors would land in Italy on Tuesday, though Apple's regional webpage currently shows availability set for the end of the month.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Also available in the UK - just ordered a blue one.
    JosephAUwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 8
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    We are just back at our Florida home after spending the summer in our New England home where I have HomePod minis, which are great.  In Florida I have a pair of the original HomePods.  OMG, I had forgotten how good they are, the difference is staggering.  I hope Apple revisit the higher end speakers, it is tragic they were discontinued
    edited November 2021 dewmeStrangeDayswilliamlondonlolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 8
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    astrofish said:
    I am curious why folks don't buy pairs, is stereo not a thing these days?  I am aware a single one gives a nice ambient sound but nothing like a pair.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 8
    MacPro said:
    astrofish said:
    I am curious why folks don't buy pairs, is stereo not a thing these days?  I am aware a single one gives a nice ambient sound but nothing like a pair.
    It’s destined for a small room - one will more than suffice !

I do have a stereo pair in a larger room 😄
    StrangeDayslolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 8
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,275member
    MacPro said:
    astrofish said:

Stereo offers no benefits unless you're sitting still in the right spot. A single speaker is all you need for a distributing audio throughout the home and is actually better for that purpose. If you need more output in a given room, you add more speakers.
    StrangeDayslolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 8
    mike1 said:
    MacPro said:
    astrofish said:
    Stereo offers no benefits unless you're sitting still in the right spot. A single speaker is all you need for a distributing audio throughout the home and is actually better for that purpose. If you need more output in a given room, you add more speakers.
    Yup. In my living room where the TV is I have stereo original HPs, and elsewhere in the house I place solo minis. This works great. 
    williamlondonlolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 8
    We just had a blue and yellow HomePod mini arrive this afternoon. Kids are loving having them in their bedrooms. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Slightly underwhelmed with my newly arrived blue HomePod Mini.

The apple marketing shots and gallery don’t fully reveal that the top control surface is as bright white as the white HomePod mini - and the power cable has just a hint of blue such that it seems more a pale grey. I was sort of expecting it to be the same colour as the cover (like the coloured iMacs have matching cable colours) - and checking the marketing shots, the cable doesn’t appear anywhere.

Hmmm.
    williamlondon