Tesla selling $50 Cyberwhistle, Musk mocks $19 Apple polishing cloth

Posted:
in General Discussion
Tesla is now selling a $50 whistle inspired by the Cybertruck, while at the same time, taking jabs at Apple for its sold-out polishing cloth.

On Tuesday, Elon Musk tweeted that Tesla had a new offering for fans of the brand -- a whistle.

Don't waste your money on that silly Apple Cloth, buy our whistle instead!

-- Elon Musk (@elonmusk)

He suggests that people should purchase Tesla's $50 Cyberwhistle instead of the $19 sold-out Apple polishing cloth.

The listing states that the Cyberwhistle is a "premium collectable," made from medical-grade stainless steel. Its angular features are reminiscent of Tesla's upcoming Cybertruck -- the fully electric, light-duty truck, which the company had announced in 2019.

The Cyberwhistle features an integrated attachment feature, so users can dangle the $50 whistle from their keyring if they so desire.

Customers can use Apple Pay upon checkout. The listing notes that all Cyberwhistle sales are final.

Musk is known for routinely taking jabs at Apple. He famously sided with Epic after Epic waged war against Apple's 30% commission on App Store sales.

In July, Musk took two potshots at Apple during a quarterly earnings conference call, noting the batteries in his company's cars use less cobalt than devices made by the tech giant.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 31
    XedXed Posts: 2,543member
    He's mocking the Apple polishing cloth as much as he's mocking his $50 Cyberwhistle. He's also using Apple's name to help bring more attention to himself, Tesla, and this simple cash grab.

I usually don't like the comparisons of Musk and Jobs—especially when people claim that their onstage dynamic is similar—but in this case he's successfully very Jobsian.
    edited November 2021 wonkothesaneapplguycaladanianentropysdk49williamlondon12Strangerswatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 31
    baconstangbaconstang Posts: 1,105member
    I'd rather polish my Apple than blow on his whistle.
    scout6900chiacaladanianforegoneconclusionronnalanhbluefire1williamlondonlkrupp12Strangers
  • Reply 3 of 31
    To be fair, a metal whistle cost a lot more to make than a piece of microfibre cleaning cloth. But is it worth $50, that is another story. 
    dk49williamlondonlkrupp
  • Reply 4 of 31
    Sometimes, the guy just makes me smile. 
    MplsPwilliamlondonviclauyyc
  • Reply 5 of 31
    olsols Posts: 50member
    Interesting for whistleblowers…
    avon b7ronnMplsPwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 31
    A shame ApplePay is accepted, but not Appel carkey. ;)
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 31
    Musk better watch out for karma. Karma is a bitch. It can eat Musk’s ass for sure!
    ronnwilliamlondon12Strangerswatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 31
    What exactly is 'cyber' about a totally analogue whistle? 

Never mind... the Tesla cultists will lap it up as always. Just like 'fart' apps in their computers on wheels.
    {yes, I'm not a fan of Tesla but I do drive an EV that is more than adequate for my needs and that does not include traffic light drag races}
    ronnwilliamlondonbaconstang12Strangerswatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 31
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Looks like a nice whistle.

I prefer this kind of Elon trolling to some of his other nonsense.  Would be better if he'd just grow up though.
    ronnrandominternetpersonMplsPbaconstang12Strangerswatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 10 of 31
    Troll level: Expert.

williamlondoncuriousrun8watto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 31
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,069member
    Sounds like someone’s still butt hurt bcoz someone didn’t buy his company. Let it go, Elon. 
    edited December 2021 ronnrandominternetpersonwilliamlondon12Strangerswatto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 31
    Poking fun maybe. Mocking? No. Headlines don't have to be so dramatic. Calm down writers.
    avon b7williamlondonviclauyyc
  • Reply 13 of 31
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    I mean who else is he supposed to make fun of? Xiaomi? Huawei? Samsung? Some other knockoff Apple company?

With that said he does sound jealous and the Apple cloth had a purpose for Apple devices. I thought the whistle had a Tesla purpose.
  • Reply 14 of 31
    mac_dog said:
    Sounds like someone’s still butt hurt bcoz someone didn’t buy his company. Let it go, Elon. 
    In what world would someone be "butt hurt" because his company didn't get bought out BEFORE it became a trillion dollar business and made him the richest man on the planet!? He's worth ~$300 BILLION because of Tesla and you sound like you'd be the type of Apple fan that would be perfectly fine with giving all that money up just to have the shiny apple logo plastered all over you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited December 2021 williamlondoncuriousrun8
  • Reply 15 of 31
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,250member
    Meanwhile, Consumer Reports rate Tesla electric cars near the bottom in terms of reliability. Still, I love SpaceX. 
    edited December 2021 emig647williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 31
    An apple cloth is a great way to keep your apple devices tidy without fear of scratching the highly polished surface.

A Tesla whistler is a great way to warn others when the Tesla auto drives into another car, pedestrians or off the road. 
    ronnemig647williamlondonbaconstangwatto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 31
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 754member
    Poking fun maybe. Mocking? No. Headlines don't have to be so dramatic. Calm down writers.
    I mean Musk is definitely a first class a$$hole, but I agree with you on this. 
    williamlondon12Strangerswatto_cobra
  • Reply 18 of 31
    mac_dog said:
    In what world would someone be "butt hurt" because his company didn't get bought out BEFORE it became a trillion dollar business and made him the richest man on the planet!? He's worth ~$300 BILLION because of Tesla and you sound like you'd be the type of Apple fan that would be perfectly fine with giving all that money up just to have the shiny apple logo plastered all over you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Rejection hurts even if it turns out for the best in the long run. Pretty obvious that Cook turning him down bruised his ego. 
    williamlondonStrangeDays12Strangerswatto_cobra
  • Reply 19 of 31
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,125member
    hexclock said:
    Meanwhile, Consumer Reports rate Tesla electric cars near the bottom in terms of reliability. Still, I love SpaceX. 
    Amusingly (since Tesla stans will tell you Telsa is a software company, not an auto manufacturer) the reliability problems are mostly with the computer systems, not the car parts*!

*missing parts not included.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 31
    XedXed Posts: 2,543member
    What exactly is 'cyber' about a totally analogue whistle?
    You honestly don't understand how this lookalike product was named? 🙄
    williamlondonwatto_cobra