Charge all your Apple Gear with VogDUO's 100W GaN Charger

Posted:
in General Discussion edited December 2021
VogDUO has introduced a pair of powerful GaN chargers with multiple outputs, thoughtful designs, and elegant leather touches that pair well with your Apple gear.

The VogDUO USB-C charger
The VogDUO USB-C charger

An elevated charger

Users have more gear to charge than ever, which is why multi-device chargers are so handy. The new VogDUO GaN charger can output 100W of power and has four ports to connect your all of your gear.

Apple's 96W USB-C charger versus the VogDUO
Apple's 96W USB-C charger versus the VogDUO

As VogDUO's charger is relying on GaN, it is significantly more compact than a typical silicon-based charger. Compared to Apple's 96W charger, the VogDUO is notably smaller and yet outputs more power with more outputs.

The body of the charger measures only about three inches square, despite supporting up to 100W of power. On one end are four USB outputs while the power connector is on the reverse. The entire device is wrapped in genuine vegetable-tanned leather for a premium feel. The brown leather has contrasting white stitching going around the edges.

There are four USB ports on the VogDUO USB-C charger
There are four USB ports on the VogDUO USB-C charger

For the ports, VogDUO is embracing USB-C. Three of the ports are USB-C PD ports while the remaining port is a USB-A port for legacy devices you may still have around. Apple has migrated many of its products and cables to USB-C in recent years including Lightning cables bundled with AirPods and iPhone and USB-C ports on iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro.

With up to 100W of output, there is enough to power a Mac too, including charging a 14-inch MacBook Pro at top speed using a MagSafe 3 cable.

On the go or at home

VogDUO has a detachable cable that hides a standard wall plug
VogDUO has a detachable cable that hides a standard wall plug

The VogDUO 100W GaN charger is designed to be used at home or on the go. To that end, there is a helpful six-foot extension cable attached. This allows the charger to sit right atop your desk while at home for easier use. When you travel, the cable can quickly be slid off, revealing a secondary wall plug directly on the device.

Plug VogDUO directly into the wall
Plug VogDUO directly into the wall

While traveling, you can leave the extension cable at home to avoid the added bulk and plug it straight into the wall with the fold-open adapter. As the prongs are built in to the device, there's no external adapter needed unlike with Apple's power bricks.

VogDUO cable with a leather wrap
VogDUO cable with a leather wrap

As a final leather touch, the extension cable has a genuine leather cord manager as well. It's sewn to the cable so when open you won't lose it and snaps closed to keep the cable tidy while in your bag.

Reliable power

The VogDUO 100W GaN charger touts many built-in safety features such as over-current monitoring, over-temperature monitoring, over-voltage protection, as well as ETL, FCC, and DoE6 certifications.

Check out the VogDUO GaN charger
Check out the VogDUO GaN charger

Users can save $10 when using promo code ai10off if an order is placed before Christmas. The 100W GaN charger $79.99 before discount and there is also a more compact 65W version as well.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    thttht Posts: 5,437member
    Wow, amazing how leather upscales a product. 
  • Reply 2 of 11
    M68000M68000 Posts: 724member
    This could be interesting from energy efficiency standpoint and if it can save money on electric bill.  Have heard that GaN chargers generate less heat which should mean less power wasted and goes into the device….  Such a charger could pay for itself over time ?!
    edited December 2021
  • Reply 3 of 11
    I kind of miss how much power each port gets, for instance when two cables are inserted, three, four. And what is the maximum on the USB-A port.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder, because “elegant” is the last word I would use to describe that thing. Fugly? Yes. Elegant? Not a chance. That said, I really wish Apple would get in the GaN game and make us a few multi-port C-type chargers. I’m pretty sure they could sell them by the truckload…I know I would pick up at least 4 for myself. 
  • Reply 5 of 11
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,556member
    Ugh. Ungrounded. 

Nope.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    flydogflydog Posts: 1,123member
    tht said:
    Wow, amazing how leather upscales a product. 
    You meant downscale right? 
    seanj
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Amazing! VogDUO offers a lifetime warranty! They must be super confident of their product quality! 

Oh... wait... never mind. Quoting directly from the FAQ on their website:

What does "Lifetime" refer to in VogDUO's Lifetime Warranty?

About "lifetime warranty", we are referring to the life of the product. Over time, products will become worn and obsolete and materials and parts will wear down or may become unusable due to advances in technology. we offer the reasonable life span of this product is 1 years from the date of your purchase of the product.

C'mon, AppleInsider... I get that this is a sponsored post and it's how you earn money to keep the site going. But can you maybe do sponsored posts for companies that don't define a "llifetime warranty" as one year? That is just hella shady. 

darkvader
  • Reply 8 of 11
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,921member
    spheric said:
    Ugh. Ungrounded. 

Nope.
    I have yet to see any charger that's grounded. They don't need to be.
    jony0
  • Reply 9 of 11
    XedXed Posts: 2,540member
    Japhey said:
    I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder, because “elegant” is the last word I would use to describe that thing. Fugly? Yes. Elegant? Not a chance. That said, I really wish Apple would get in the GaN game and make us a few multi-port C-type chargers. I’m pretty sure they could sell them by the truckload…I know I would pick up at least 4 for myself. 
    I believe Apple's 140W MBP charger is GaN.
    stompy
  • Reply 10 of 11
    XedXed Posts: 2,540member
    MplsP said:
    spheric said:
    Ugh. Ungrounded. 

Nope.
    I have yet to see any charger that's grounded. They don't need to be.
    Pretty sure that grounds the PSU and have and have had countless external PSUs that connect to 3-prong cables (i.e.: grounded or earthed).

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK122LL/A/power-adapter-extension-cable

edited December 2021
  • Reply 11 of 11
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Xed said:
    Japhey said:
    I believe Apple's 140W MBP charger is GaN.
    After reading your post, I did more research and you are indeed correct. It comes with the 16-inch MacBook Pro or costs $99 as an add on. Now, if only they can an extra port or two…