cool safari feature

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
-make a new folder of bookmarks

-put it on the bookmarks bar

-control-click the bugger

safari opens all bookmarks in that folder as tabs.

<8:30 o'clock at my place> "good morning everybody!" me goes to mac and opens every site i check in the morning - with one click.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    bobwbobw Posts: 49member
    Just hold the mouse down on the Toolbar folder and you'll get an option top open all in Tabs, or Command click and they'll all open in Tabs.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Guess I'll have to change my practice of deeply nesting bookmark folders. I did what you mentioned there once unthinking and I had a large amount of tabs opening and loading, making Safari a bit unusable.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

Guess I'll have to change my practice of deeply nesting bookmark folders. I did what you mentioned there once unthinking and I had a large amount of tabs opening and loading, making Safari a bit unusable.

Get a nice 1meg line and stop moaning :P
  • Reply 4 of 4
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    posted this in another thread...but if you go to a text field that has a title matching one that you've encountered recently, and you press the down-arrow on your keyboard you'll see a list of choices to select from...

Like, if a field says subject, and you enter in "cool safari features" and go about your business on that website...then a little later you're somewhere else and you find yourself at another text field that says subject, and you put your insertion bar in that field then hit the down arrow, you'll see a ghostly pop-up window offering to insert "cool safari features" into this new field.

cool..