New trailer for Apple TV+ 'The Tragedy of Macbeth' debuts

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple TV+ has released the first official full-length trailer for "The Tragedy of Macbeth," a black and white film adaptation of the Shakespeare play coming to the platform on Jan. 14.

The Tragedy of Macbeth
The Tragedy of Macbeth

The full trailer shows off the moody tone and black-and-white style of the film. It also features some prominent lines from the original play recited by Lord Macbeth, played by Denzel Washington, and other characters.

In addition to Washington, Frances McDormand also stars in the film as Lady Macbeth, which was directed by Joel Coen. Apple calls the film a "bold adaptation of a timeless tale of murder, madness, and wrathful cunning."

Other cast members include Bertie Carvel, Alex Hassell, Corey Hawkins, Kathryn Hunter, Harry Melling, and Brendan Gleeson.

"The Tragedy of Macbeth" premiered in theaters on Christmas Day 2021. It's set to make its debut on Apple TV+ on Friday, Jan. 14.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I will gladly admit that I’m not an “art” kind of guy.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member

If not, that's fine.   But typically it's not something one is proud of.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    It is fine to not be, but try watching the trailer again, full screen with the volume up a bit.  Focus on the sounds, the visuals.  Both are highly controlled in "art" pieces to evoke particular feelings in the audience, and this trailer highlights that approach.  Not everyone appreciates being made to feel a certain way, and it can be confusing and off-putting if you don't realize that point.  You definitely don't have to like it, but it is easier to appreciate the skill behind the production when you understand what they are trying to do.
    hucom2000
  • Reply 4 of 4
    You may not have to be for this one… The Coen‘s are MASTERS at making MOVIES. Not everything the touch turns to gold, but I‘m looking forward to this as a Coen‘s fan, be it Shakespeare or not. 
    edited January 2022