Adobe Photoshop Elements

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I got this software recently.

I didn't want to spend $600 for something that might take me a while to learn yet.

Does anyone have any comments on Elements? So far it looks pretty good. I'm learning the basics right away. Maybe sometime in the near future I'll move up to Photoshop.

Comments??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,424member
    Quote:

Originally posted by O-Mac

I got this software recently.

I didn't want to spend $600 for something that might take me a while to learn yet.

Does anyone have any comments on Elements? So far it looks pretty good. I'm learning the basics right away. Maybe sometime in the near future I'll move up to Photoshop.

Comments??

Good choice. Previously Adobes Home Photo Editing software(Photo Deluxe) was seemingly aimed at those with sub 90 IQ. I'm glad they finally created a decent app for those a little bit beyond the "Wizards" style. I'll probably buy Elements as well.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Chalk one up for Elements. Its a great app and I've never had a time where I said "damn, I'd really need full Photoshop". I dont do pro work, and the filter previews, wizards, tips, etc are super useful.

I think it really curbed piracy seeing that I imagine most people downlaoded full PS because there really was no alternative.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    Here's another Photoshop Question.

Who are the people that use photoshop day to day as their main or second app?

I come from a Tech Support background and I'm trying to find out what it's like working day to day with photoshop and related apps (e.g. Maya 4.5, Illustrator, Final Cut Pro)
  • Reply 4 of 6
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    I work for a visual effects company in Hollywood. We are primarily a PC house but a bunch of us have MACs as well. Our main edit machine is a MAC.

I use Photoshop and Illustrator pretty much everyday. I also use Maya quite extensively. I mostly use them on my PC workstation at work but I have seats of all my major apps on my TiBook. Here are my observations.

On my TiBook things run pretty smooth. Photoshop is pretty good, Illustrator 10 is slow as heck, but it is slow on PCs as well. Final Cut Pro is awesome. We use it for all our editing needs and ordered FCP 4 the day it was announced. Maya...I wish there was a Maya Unlimited available on OS X. There is a lot to Unlimited so I know the reason behind its slower progression, plus I am not sure if the current hardware would run fast enough for Unlimited. All in all I enjoy doing work with most pro apps on my TiBook.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by O-Mac

[B]Who are the people that use photoshop day to day as their main or second app?

Me! Maybe not every day, but at least a few times a week. I also spend a lot of time with FCP.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    That's so cool!!!!!

Can you tell me how you got into that line of work and what I can do switch to that line of work??

Really all i'm doing right now is trying to learn the software. But I have nowhere to apply it. I mean I can probably make up things to do but I'd eventually like to make more than just a hobby when I come home from my day job....