Intel to build $20 billion chip factory in Ohio

Comments

• Reply 41 of 85
    Meanwhile in Wisconsin FoxCONn has done…?!?
    Crickets chirping… 
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 42 of 85
    crowley said:
    Japhey said:
    For the love of God, can we just once have a civil conversation around here without the 2 resident sleeper agents sowing their pro-China/anti-American propaganda seeds? 

Just once? I don’t ask for much, but literally JUST ONE TIME. 

Ugh. 
    You only want to listen to good words for US. Why there are some people on AI allowed to say bad words on China? Isn't this double standard, or no empathy? 
    No one is saying bad words about China, and your hyper-defensiveness and propaganda is disruptive to interesting conversation.  Put a sock in it.
    Completely false. I was replying to the poster that claims US is trying to compete with China on semiconductor. This is the real hyper-defensiveness and propaganda is disruptive to revitalize US semiconductor industry. The fact of the truths is China has no domestic semiconductor industry. It depends on imports of chips. In fact, China spends more money importing chips than importing crude oils. On the other hand, the semiconductor industry was founded by US for more than 40 years. Claiming investing 52 billion is hyper-defensiveness and propaganda.

Tell me which facts I stated is untrue? When you bash me on saying there is no 13" MacBook Pro as untrue. You provided fact. This is a good way of 
    discussing. How come when I discuss China-US relations you can't do the same? Instead you use bs words attacking me. 
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 43 of 85
    payecopayeco Posts: 581member
    crowley said:
    Japhey said:
    For the love of God, can we just once have a civil conversation around here without the 2 resident sleeper agents sowing their pro-China/anti-American tpropaganda seeds? 

Ugh. 
    You only want to listen to good words for US. Why there are some people on AI allowed to say bad words on China? Isn't this double standard, or no empathy? 
    No one is saying bad words about China, and your hyper-defensiveness and propaganda is disruptive to interesting conversation.  Put a sock in it.
    Completely false. I was replying to the poster that claims US is trying to compete with China on semiconductor. This is the real hyper-defensiveness and propaganda is disruptive to revitalize US semiconductor industry. The fact of the truths is China has no domestic semiconductor industry. It depends on imports of chips. In fact, China spends more money importing chips than importing crude oils. On the other hand, the semiconductor industry was founded by US for more than 40 years. Claiming investing 52 billion is hyper-defensiveness and propaganda.

Tell me which facts I stated is untrue? When you bash me on saying there is no 13" MacBook Pro as untrue. You provided fact. This is a good way of discussing. How come when I discuss China-US relations you can't do the same? Instead you use bs words attacking me. 
    Tell me which facts I stated is untrue?”

All of it. Literally all of what you just said. 
    tmay
  • Reply 44 of 85
    payeco said:
    crowley said:
    Japhey said:
    For the love of God, can we just once have a civil conversation around here without the 2 resident sleeper agents sowing their pro-China/anti-American tpropaganda seeds? 

Ugh. 

Tell me which facts I stated is untrue? When you bash me on saying there is no 13" MacBook Pro as untrue. You provided fact. This is a good way of discussing. How come when I discuss China-US relations you can't do the same? Instead you use bs words attacking me. 
    “Tell me which facts I stated is untrue?”

All of it. Literally all of what you just said. 
    Prove it! Do you know how to prove things? 
    edited January 2022
  • Reply 45 of 85
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    crowley said:
    Japhey said:
    For the love of God, can we just once have a civil conversation around here without the 2 resident sleeper agents sowing their pro-China/anti-American propaganda seeds? 

Ugh. 

Simply not true.

Here's one link, though many others are available: https://www.semiconductors.org/chinas-share-of-global-chip-sales-now-surpasses-taiwan-closing-in-on-europe-and-japan/

And then there's the Taiwan situation too.

The USA taking steps to shore up their domestic semi-conductor industry is entirely in response to China.  You're talking utter nonsense as you fall over yourself to defend China and sow disruption.  And it's very obvious.
    Japheytmay
  • Reply 46 of 85
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    Japhey said:

Ugh. 

Simply not true.

Here's one link, though many others are available: https://www.semiconductors.org/chinas-share-of-global-chip-sales-now-surpasses-taiwan-closing-in-on-europe-and-japan/

The USA taking steps to shore up their domestic semi-conductor industry is entirely in response to China.  You're talking utter nonsense as you fall over yourself to defend China and sow disruption.  And it's very obvious.
    You are wrong. You did not read carefully. This article says Chinese companies sell $39.8 billion in total annual sales in 2020. But the global semiconductor sales is projected to exceed $600 billion. https://www.semiconductors.org/global-semiconductor-sales-increase-24-year-to-year-in-october-annual-sales-projected-to-increase-26-in-2021-exceed-600-billion-in-2022/
    And according to this article, China consumes 60% of global semiconductors. http://https//daxueconsulting.com/chinas-semiconductor-industry/
    I left the remaining math to you. Are you capable of doing math? You are being brainwashed. Poor guy! I feel sorry for you. 
    edited January 2022 GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 47 of 85
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    Japhey said:

Ugh. 

Simply not true.

You are wrong. You did not read carefully. This article says Chinese companies sell $39.8 billion in total annual sales in 2020. But the global semiconductor sales is projected to exceed $600 billion. https://www.semiconductors.org/global-semiconductor-sales-increase-24-year-to-year-in-october-annual-sales-projected-to-increase-26-in-2021-exceed-600-billion-in-2022/
    And according to this article, China consumes 60% of global semiconductors. http://https//daxueconsulting.com/chinas-semiconductor-industry/
    I left the remaining math to you. Are you capable of doing math? You are being brainwashed. Poor guy! I feel sorry for you. 
    So?  You said that China has no domestic industry, not that Chinese imports exceed their exports.  Sort out what you think before bleating please.
    Japhey
  • Reply 48 of 85
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    Japhey said:

Ugh. 

Simply not true.

So?  You said that China has no domestic industry, not that Chinese imports exceed their exports.  Sort out what you think before bleating please.
    You said US spend $52 billion to compete with China semiconductor industry. I have proved you are hyper-defensiveness and propaganda. China semiconductor industry is only a small fraction. 
  • Reply 49 of 85
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    Japhey said:

Ugh. 

Simply not true.

You said US spend $52 billion to compete with China semiconductor industry. I have proved you are hyper-defensiveness and propaganda. China semiconductor industry is only a small fraction. 
    I never said that.  I said that they were a response to China.  Because Chinese share is growing the USA are taking measures to secure the technology and their supply chain.  That the Chinese element is currently a small fraction is immaterial, the fact that it is growing is what is important.

It's cute how you try to turn other people's statements around, but you clearly don't know what hyper defensiveness even means if you're trying to apply it to me.  I'm not American and don't have any emotional investment in whether they succeed or fail.
    edited January 2022 Japheytmay
  • Reply 50 of 85
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    Japhey said:

Ugh. 

Simply not true.

I never said that.  I said that they were a response to China.  Because Chinese share is growing the USA are taking measures to secure the technology and their supply chain.  That the Chinese element is currently a small fraction is immaterial, the fact that it is growing is what is important.
    So US is trying to maintain a monopoly to prevent competition. This is illegal. This is a violation of the most fundamental principle of US. 
  • Reply 51 of 85
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    Japhey said:

Ugh. 

Simply not true.

So US is trying to maintain a monopoly to prevent competition. This is illegal. This is a violation of the most fundamental principle of US. 
    No it isn't.  And what "fundamental principle" are you even talking about?

Bit of change in argument there buddy.  Almost like you realised you didn't have a leg to stand on so needed to pivot.  Which somewhat suggests that your only intention is to confuse and distort the issue, not any good faith debate.  How very interesting.
    Japheytmay
  • Reply 52 of 85
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    crowley said:
    Japhey said:

Ugh. 

Tell me which facts I stated is untrue? When you bash me on saying there is no 13" MacBook Pro as untrue. You provided fact. This is a good way of 
    discussing. How come when I discuss China-US relations you can't do the same? Instead you use bs words attacking me. 

Don't take it personally. 

edited January 2022
  • Reply 53 of 85
    Get a clue for once in your life George.  There is no misinformation, the only thing that has even been said about China in this thread is that it has a growing share of the global semiconductor market.

This is a thread about the USA, and you two clowns are just doing your usual puppet routine of mind-numbing nonsense because there's a slight angle on China that you want to distort.
    Japheytmay
  • Reply 54 of 85
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    Japhey said:

Ugh. 

Simply not true.

Bit of change in argument there buddy.  Almost like you realised you didn't have a leg to stand on so needed to pivot.  Which somewhat suggests that your only intention is to confuse and distort the issue, not any good faith debate.  How very interesting.
    You are ignorant. US Congress is passing law against big hi-tech companies. https://forums.appleinsider.com/discussion/225902/senate-judiciary-committee-advances-antitrust-bill-targeting-big-tech#latest
    What fundamental principle US Congress used? You are so poor needing me to educate.
    I did not change subject. I am responding to your words. "USA are taking measures to secure the technology and their supply chain."
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 55 of 85
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    Japhey said:

Ugh. 

Simply not true.

You are ignorant. US Congress is passing law against big hi-tech companies. https://forums.appleinsider.com/discussion/225902/senate-judiciary-committee-advances-antitrust-bill-targeting-big-tech#latest
    What fundamental principle US Congress used? You are so poor needing me to educate.
    I did not change subject. I am responding to your words. "USA are taking measures to secure the technology and their supply chain."
    Sure buddy, keeping spewing out nonsense.  Everyone knows you're full of it.
    Japheytmay
  • Reply 56 of 85
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    Japhey said:

Ugh. 

Simply not true.

You are wordless now. LOL
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 57 of 85
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    Japhey said:

Ugh. 

Simply not true.

That’s your game isn’t it? To quite literally argue people into boredom. Both you and your little buddy, who I’m half convinced is sitting right next to you, and half convinced is the same person as you. 

Like Crowley said, it’s obvious your mission is to sow confusion and unrest. And everybody else knows it now. 
    tmay
  • Reply 58 of 85
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    Japhey said:

Ugh. 

Simply not true.

It's true, I have no idea what to respond with when you've given me such a pile of halfwit rubbish.  I don't dispute that the US is passing laws against hi-tech companies.  What has that got to do with anything?  And yes, you'll need to tell me what the "fundamental principle" of the USA is, as I'm not aware of any such thing.  I doubt anyone in the USA is either, since you've just made it up.

And you did change the subject. The thread is about Intel manufacturing, then you picked a fight about semiconductors in China and then when challenged you started interjecting random stuff about the US Congress, and a fundamental principle of the USA. You're floundering dude, not making any sense.
    edited January 2022 tmay
  • Reply 59 of 85
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    Japhey said:

Ugh. 

Simply not true.

It's true, I have no idea what to respond with when you've given me such a pile of halfwit rubbish.  I don't dispute that the US is passing laws against hi-tech companies.  What has that got to do with anything?  And yes, you'll need to tell me what the "fundamental principle" of the USA is, as I'm not aware of any such thing.  I doubt anyone in the USA is either, since you've just made it up.

And you did change the subject. The thread is about Intel manufacturing, then you picked a fight about semiconductors in China and then when challenged you started interjecting random stuff about the US Congress, and a fundamental principle of the USA. You're floundering dude, not making any sense.
    What a fool! You don't know what anti-trust means. And you don't know what is the fundamental principle of US. Our discussion is going nowhere because you don't understand these two things. 
    edited January 2022
  • Reply 60 of 85
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    Japhey said:

Ugh. 

Simply not true.

What a fool! You don't know what anti-trust means. And you don't know what is the fundamental principle of US. Our discussion is going nowhere because you don't understand these two things. 
    On that we agree.