Fall of 2022 will be Apple's biggest ever, if rumors are correct

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2022
Apple's product lineup for late 2022 will include a massive amount of product launches, it is believed, with many product lines expected to feature updated hardware.

The typical schedule for Apple's product launches in recent years involves the company revealing the bulk of them in the fall. For 2022, it seems that the catalog update could be Apple's biggest refresh in quite some time.

Apple is chiefly expected to hold its usual iPhone launch, the "iPhone 14" for 2022, as well as other updates around the same time. According to Mark Gurman's "Power On" newsletter for Bloomberg, Apple's going to be showing off a lot more than usual.

Gurman was reportedly told that Apple is saving some of its announcements specifically for fall launches. It is thought that list includes a new low-end MacBook Pro, an iMac update, the rumored Mac Pro, an update to the MacBook Air, upgraded AirPods Pro, a trio of Apple Watches, an iPad, and iPad Pro updates.

Given the breadth of the potential launches, this could see Apple holding multiple events, such as its trilogy of fall presentations for 2020.

The report also offers the possibility that the iPad and iPad Pro may arrive sooner, with the speculation that the "more significant changes" in the catalog could push Apple to shift its iPad updates to a late spring launch.

The spring event is anticipated by Gurman to feature the iPhone SE 3, an update to the iPad Air, and a potential high-end Mac launch. "I'd imagine Apple wants to bring the M1 Pro chip to another Mac in the first half of this year," he proposes.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    I hope a super powerful M2 chip arrives. I know the copycats are coming so Apple needs to be far ahead of the game.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 11
    chelinchelin Posts: 106member
    Beats said:
    I hope a super powerful M2 chip arrives. I know the copycats are coming so Apple needs to be far ahead of the game.
    Interesting comment considering that it is based on ARM there’s already lots of copies out there and Apple is one.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 3 of 11
    geekmeegeekmee Posts: 629member
    A man’s work is never done.
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 11
    geekmeegeekmee Posts: 629member
    chelin said:
    Beats said:
    Interesting comment considering that it is based on ARM there’s already lots of copies out there and Apple is one.

You take what is already out here, and I’ll take Apple’s design.

williamlondon9secondkox2sphericpatchythepiratewatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Well gee, these types of rumors anyone can do. Here’s my pretend rumor:

Spring events will be larger consumer 27” iMac, low end MacBook, ipad/air, and iPhone SE - though this might actually launch with iPhone 14 in the fall. 

Spring will be the consumer level products. 

Summer and Fall events will be even larger 32” iMac Pro, MacBook pro spec bump, possible iPad Pro spec bump and a “one more thing” new Mac Pro. 

Summer/Fall will be the creator level products. 

iPhone and iPhone pro will have its own event. 

Apple will likely spread each of these seasonal launches out over 2-3 events. 

“In my dream” of course. 

To be honest, I’m hoping against hope for the iMac Pro in spring. 
    edited January 2022 muthuk_vanalingamuraharapatchythepiratewatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 11
    chelin said:
    Beats said:

Apples design is so far from ARM reference, ARM is now planning to implement Apples ideas. 

All the credit for Apple Silicon comes from PA semi and later hires - special credit to Srouji. 

Nice try to discredit the best in the business though. 
    williamlondonJinTechmacxpressentropysfastasleepbyronlroundaboutnowpatchythepiratewatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 11
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,801member
    chelin said:
    Beats said:
    Tell me you know nothing about Apple Silicon without telling me. 
    fastasleepbyronlroundaboutnowpatchythepiratewatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 11
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,152member
    I love this point of the Apple Product Cycle, first published by MisterBG in the early 2000’s.
    we are at:

• An obscure component manufacturer somewhere in the Pacific Rim announces a major order for some bleeding-edge piece of technology that could conceivably become part of an expensive, digital-lifestyle-enhancing nerd toy.
    • Some hardware geek, the sort who actually reads press releases from obscure Pacific Rim component manufacturers, posts a link to the press release in a Mac Internet forum.
    • The Mac rumor sites spring into action. Liberally quoting “reliable” sources inside Cupertino, irrelevant “experts,” and each other, they quickly transform baseless speculation into widely accepted fact.
    • Eager Mac-heads fan the flames by flooding the Mac discussion forums with more groundless conjecture. Threads pop up around feature wish lists, favorite colors, and likely retail price points. In a matter of days, a third-hand, unsubstantiated rumor blossoms into a hand-held device that can do everything except find a girlfriend for a fat, smelly nerd.
    • Apple issues it customary “we don’t comment on possible future products” statement in response to inquiries about the hypothetical new product. Mac fanatics are convinced that they're onto something.

byronlwatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 11
    entropys said:
    I love this point of the Apple Product Cycle, first published by MisterBG in the early 2000’s.
    we are at:

• An obscure component manufacturer somewhere in the Pacific Rim announces a major order for some bleeding-edge piece of technology that could conceivably become part of an expensive, digital-lifestyle-enhancing nerd toy.
    • Some hardware geek, the sort who actually reads press releases from obscure Pacific Rim component manufacturers, posts a link to the press release in a Mac Internet forum.
    • The Mac rumor sites spring into action. Liberally quoting “reliable” sources inside Cupertino, irrelevant “experts,” and each other, they quickly transform baseless speculation into widely accepted fact.
    • Eager Mac-heads fan the flames by flooding the Mac discussion forums with more groundless conjecture. Threads pop up around feature wish lists, favorite colors, and likely retail price points. In a matter of days, a third-hand, unsubstantiated rumor blossoms into a hand-held device that can do everything except find a girlfriend for a fat, smelly nerd.
    • Apple issues it customary “we don’t comment on possible future products” statement in response to inquiries about the hypothetical new product. Mac fanatics are convinced that they're onto something.

Why mess with a play that works?
    Even after 20 years, Apple rumors are still popular and very profitable for websites.

byronlwatto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 11
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,152member
    Of course!
    and TBH, one of the things I love about Apple culture.
    edited January 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 11
    entropys said:
    we are at:

Would be interesting 5 years ago. But after so many leaks coming to actual fruition so often, it’s a different game now. There’s fire with the smoke. Not always, but pretty dang often. 
    watto_cobra