Apple TV+ debuts trailer for 'The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey,' coming March 11

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple TV+ has debuted the first official trailer for highly anticipated series "The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey," which stars Samuel L. Jackson and is set to premiere on March 11.

The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey
The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey

"The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey" is based on the novel of the same name by Walter Mosley. The series stars Jackson as the titular Ptolemy Grey, "an ailing man forgotten by his family, by his friends, and by even himself."

"Suddenly left without his trusted caretaker and on the brink of sinking even deeper into a lonely dementia, Ptolemy is assigned to the care of orphaned teenager Robyn," Apple wrote of the series. "When they learn about a treatment that can temporarily restore Ptolemy's dementia-addled memories, it begins a journey toward shocking truths about the past, present and future."

In addition to starring, Jackson also produced the six-episode limited series. Dominique Fishback plays Robyn, and other cast members include Cynthia Kaye McWilliams, Damon Gupton, Marsha Stephanie Blake, Walton Goggins, and Omar Miller.

Mosley, the author of the book, adapted the story for the screen and is serving as executive producer alongside Jackson, Diane Houslin, Ramin Bahrani, Eli Selden and David Levine for Anonymous Content, and LaTanya Richardson

The first two episodes of the series will debut on Friday, March 11 on Apple TV+. An additional episode will then premiere weekly every Friday.

Read on AppleInsider
ronn

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Jon Hamm will not be happy about this. 
    gilly33
  • Reply 2 of 3
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    This sounds good -- and it appears that it was well made.

It sounds reminiscent of one of my favorite stories from my youth:  "Flowers for Algernon" -- about a mentally impaired person given beyond genius mental capability...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ronnronn Posts: 653member
    The trailer and storyline looks interesting. And I'm a huge fan of Samuel L. Jackson and Walter Mosley. I'm glad Mosley is much more involved in his work being translated to the screen. Would love for his Easy Rawlings books to finally get the right treatment for the screen.