Apple TV+ announces 'Slow Horses' spy drama to stream in April

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple TV+ has released first look images for its dramatization of Mick Herron's "Slow Horses" books, starring Gary Oldman and streaming from April 1, 2022.

Two years since it was first reported to be working with See-Saw Films on bringing Herran's acclaimed books the screen, Apple TV+ has officially announced "Slow Horses."

The six-episode series is dramatized by "Veep" writer Will Smith, and based on the first of Herran's now ten novels. Also known as the "Jackson Lamb" series, the darkly comic novels concern spies who have been sidelined by MI5.

Gary Oldman stars as Jackson Lamb, with Kristin Scott Thomas, Jonathan Pryce, Olivia Cooke, and Jack Lowden. It's executive produced for See-Saw Films by Graham Yost, best known for creating the FX series "Justified."

The first two episodes premiere on Apple TV+ on Friday, April 1, 2022. The remaining four will be released weekly on Fridays.

Read on AppleInsider
ridyrat

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    neilmneilm Posts: 987member
    Terrific books series, especially for those who appreciate British deadpan humour (sic). I hope the series does them proud. Both the cast list and the producer make me hopeful.
    ridyratwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Great books - looking forward to see what they’ve done with this. I bet the characters will look different to how I imagine them..
    ridyratwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Never read these books but have read plenty in the Lee Child/Brad Thor genre.  With the seeming success of Reacher, just launched on Prime, I would hope that Apple tries to secure an ass kicking character like that along with other characters.

Reacher is really good FWIW.

Other good book character shows would be Alex Cross from James Patterson, Mitch Rapp from Vince Flynn and Jason Bourne from Robert Ludlum.  Every one of those would be a series that would bring new subscribers.

One good thing Reacher did was stick to the book very closely.  That is your formula.  Don't bring in some writer that wants to push a narrative while completely changing the story and character.  There is a reason the Jack Ryan series on Prime hasn't been a huge success.
    edited February 2022