Anyone have an old Mac power cord?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Early this year I was walking to school and found an old Mac SE lying next to a building. Intrigued, I picked it up and took it with me. After carrying it around all day (which probably made me look very strange to students: I was TAing and holding my first set of conferences that day with a Powerbook on the desk and a Mac SE on the floor next to me) I was able to find an old Mac whose mouse, keyboard and power cord I borrowed. Sure enough, the SE worked and I was able to try an ancient version of Word.

Over the months I've been able to acquire a mouse and a keyboard from various people, but I'm still missing a power cord. I'd love to play around with System 6 a bit (which I've only used previosly for Telneting into my e-mail; my own first Mac ran 7.something). So I'm wondering if anyone out there has an old power cord they'd be willing to send me (to Canada) for free or dirt cheap.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gabid

Early this year I was walking to school and found an old Mac SE lying next to a building. Intrigued, I picked it up and took it with me. After carrying it around all day (which probably made me look very strange to students: I was TAing and holding my first set of conferences that day with a Powerbook on the desk and a Mac SE on the floor next to me) I was able to find an old Mac whose mouse, keyboard and power cord I borrowed. Sure enough, the SE worked and I was able to try an ancient version of Word.

Over the months I've been able to acquire a mouse and a keyboard from various people, but I'm still missing a power cord. I'd love to play around with System 6 a bit (which I've only used previosly for Telneting into my e-mail; my own first Mac ran 7.something). So I'm wondering if anyone out there has an old power cord they'd be willing to send me (to Canada) for free or dirt cheap.

Old Mac, new Mac, PC, monitor, whatever.... they all use the SAME power cord.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FormerLurker

Old Mac, new Mac, PC, monitor, whatever.... they all use the SAME power cord.

Well, that should make my hunt far easier; I'm pretty sure I can find an old PC power cord lying around somewhere at school.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    I've done that, taking old computers I find lying next to dumpsters. My school just dumped all their Macs and I took an external floppy drive, pizzabox Mac, and mouse and keyboard.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Well, the hunt is over. I found someone with an extra PC powercord lying around, so now I can compare the merits of Word 4 vs Word v.X