Kanye West won't release 'Donda 2' on 'oppressive' Apple Music or Spotify

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,322member
    “It's not clear how many songs the device can hold. It also requires connecting to a computer via USB to download music.“

2001 wants its MP3 player back. 
    Sounds more like a dongle to me. 

Next album the player will show a WW2 fighter plane ✈️ on the screen at the start of each track and you’ll need to enter the page number it appears in the album notes. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 35
    Puts a whole new spin on…
    ”Being so heavenly bound, you are no earthly good.”
    watto_cobraFileMakerFeller
  • Reply 23 of 35
    He learned from Trump well…
    Say or do anything that is controversial which will raise you to the top of the news cycle.
    The more ridiculous, the better.
    edited February 2022 darkvaderwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 35
    larryjwlarryjw Posts: 1,031member
    spike2013 said:
    Kanye should ask Neill Young how well the Pono worked out.
    Neil Young is worth $200M. West probably up there also. 

Those in the castles up the hill are fighting it out. Better not affect me. 
  • Reply 25 of 35
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    Good, the less trash on AM the better.
    edited February 2022 darkvaderwatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 35
    larryjw said:
    spike2013 said:
    Neil Young is worth $200M. West probably up there also. 

Those in the castles up the hill are fighting it out. Better not affect me. 
    Kanye is worth 1.8 billion....
  • Reply 27 of 35
    Y’all act like Kanye isn’t worth (at least) 2 billion. Literally everything he does is a success, so no he’s not “Just an Artist” or “Crazy.” He came from being in poverty to becoming a billionaire… it’s safe to say he’s smarter than everyone in this comment section, including the publisher of this article. You don’t have to buy the Stem Player to listen to Donda 2, you can stream it on his website with any device. 
    roundaboutnow
  • Reply 28 of 35
    davidwdavidw Posts: 2,053member
    chadbag said:
    Actually the "stem player" sound interesting.   Not because I want to listen to his music (I lost definitely don't) but if they can get all the large libraries on board to sell their tracks on it and actually support its features on all their music it could be a great device.  Specifically the "stem" feature that lets you isolate tracks at the push of a button.  Pushing a button to get an isolated guitar or bass or drums or synth part would be awesome for people learning a song.  There used to be a software package that sold songs that had all tracks isolated (and would notate the song on screen).  This is a spiritual follow on and could be awesome.

If this "stem player" can also isolate and eliminate tracks from being heard (at the push of a button), then the "stem player" might be the best way to listen to West "music", by isolating and eliminating the vocal track.
    darkvaderelijahgwatto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 35
    harrykatsarosharrykatsaros Posts: 76unconfirmed, member
    This lasts 2 weeks by which time anyone that actually wants to listen to it enough will have pirated it instead. 
  • Reply 30 of 35
    Beats said:
    The Stem Player is a great idea.

Problem is, you don’t need hardware for it. Apple could announce the feature tomorrow with great support.

Not sure why Kanye is being a di** to Apple who is very pro-artist and supported him so much.
    Perhaps he thinks that he is bigger than Apple and Spotify combined?
    Anyway, he won't be missed. The exit door is that way --->
  • Reply 31 of 35
    Good mental health is something that money can’t buy. 
    darkvaderelijahgwatto_cobraFileMakerFeller
  • Reply 32 of 35
    netrox said:
    "Listeners will have to buy a $200 Stem Player device to play the music digitally. West owns the Stem Player platform."

It won't succeed. 

I am really tired of singers, artists, and creatives protesting against those streaming companies when they SIGNED up knowing what they're getting. 

Nah, the artists got blindsided with the streaming agreements from their labels. 
    darkvader
  • Reply 33 of 35
    chadbag said:
    Actually the "stem player" sound interesting.   Not because I want to listen to his music (I lost definitely don't) but if they can get all the large libraries on board to sell their tracks on it and actually support its features on all their music it could be a great device.  Specifically the "stem" feature that lets you isolate tracks at the push of a button.  Pushing a button to get an isolated guitar or bass or drums or synth part would be awesome for people learning a song.  There used to be a software package that sold songs that had all tracks isolated (and would notate the song on screen).  This is a spiritual follow on and could be awesome.

The 'stem' thing already does exist. Take for example the app DJay Pro AI which can separate the four stems Drums, Bass, Harmonic and Vocals. Great for DJ and especially remixers.
    darkvaderwatto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 35
    Scot1 said:
    spike2013 said:
    Pono?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pono_(digital_music_service)
    [copy the whole line above and paste into your browser's URL area]
    edited February 2022
  • Reply 35 of 35
    Y’all act like Kanye isn’t worth (at least) 2 billion. Literally everything he does is a success, so no he’s not “Just an Artist” or “Crazy.” He came from being in poverty to becoming a billionaire… it’s safe to say he’s smarter than everyone in this comment section, including the publisher of this article. You don’t have to buy the Stem Player to listen to Donda 2, you can stream it on his website with any device. 
    (emphasis added)

I think "commercially astute" is a better turn of phrase. He is certainly clever, and has insight into what will result in commercial success, and a moral stance that allows such analysis to rule his actions, but... smarter? Than every single person who frequents these forums? I think that's a stretch.

And "everything he does is a success" doesn't hold up in relation to his failed marriage and the purported state of his relationship with his children, amongst other things.
    muthuk_vanalingam