New Safari 1.0 Beta 2 (v73)

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Some update for something (think it was the 10.2.4 update) made a lot of my preferences not stick, especially none of my internet preferences. Homepage, download location, none of them stuck. Fixing Permissions fixed it.
  • Reply 62 of 67
    dankdank Posts: 31member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

Some update for something (think it was the 10.2.4 update) made a lot of my preferences not stick, especially none of my internet preferences. Homepage, download location, none of them stuck. Fixing Permissions fixed it.

Thanks everybody, "reset safari" has helped with the hotmail issue as that is now working without a problem (I wish I had seen that sooner). However, it did not fix my problem with the homepage which still won't change to the new one after I restart (again, both in system prefs and in safari itself).

Could you elaborate on what you mean by fixing permissions? For what items should I do this? And if this doesn't work (so I don't have to repost), where are the safari preferences? A search would not locate anything of the sort (other than a few items in the Library). Thanks again.
  • Reply 63 of 67
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    To fix permissions, open the Disk Utility application. It is located in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder. Start it up. Click the "First Aid" tab. Click the disk on the left side panel that you want to fix - not the drive itself but the volume (should have the same name as your hard disk). Click the (now available) "Repair Disk Permissions" button. You might want to verify first but I don't think it makes any difference as it verifys before repairing anyway, even if you don't click the button. Wait for it to finish, then restart for good measure (or at least log out), and see if it works.
  • Reply 64 of 67
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yeah I'm having to use Camino and damn I didn't realize how much better Safari is. Except Safari 2 doesn't render sites sometimes. I once went to Slashdot and it rendered the first headline and the little pictures, the icons of the headlines, but repeatedly. Looked really weird. Sometimes it just doesn't load the page, it gives me blank whiteness. It needs an bug-fixing update really badly. But it does remember my homepage.
  • Reply 65 of 67
    dankdank Posts: 31member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

To fix permissions, open the Disk Utility application. It is located in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder. Start it up. Click the "First Aid" tab. Click the disk on the left side panel that you want to fix - not the drive itself but the volume (should have the same name as your hard disk). Click the (now available) "Repair Disk Permissions" button. You might want to verify first but I don't think it makes any difference as it verifys before repairing anyway, even if you don't click the button. Wait for it to finish, then restart for good measure (or at least log out), and see if it works.

Thanks alot fella, everything works perfectly again.
  • Reply 66 of 67
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    This things hung two or three times on me in 20 minutes.\