Creating a webpage Help!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I want to create my own webpage, and any info on cheap or free software for creating a website would be create.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    boemaneboemane Posts: 311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by millsdude

I want to create my own webpage, and any info on cheap or free software for creating a website would be create.

Thanks

Technically, you only need a browser (a suite of browsers, Safari, Camino, IE and Netscape/mozilla), and TextEdit. The HTML code is only plain text anyways. If you want a more powerful text editor try BareBones' BBEdit ($179, upgdade $59), or the light version called Textwrangler ($49). TextWrangler would probably be more than enough for making webpages.

If you need a WYSIWYG editor, you can try Adobe GoLive($400), or Macromedia Dreamweaver ($400), allthough they come with a large prizetag.

It depends on your needs. The best option, i find, is to just use a text editor to write up the HTML code. If you need to learn HTML there are a lot of good sites, for instance Webmonkey.

If you have a small budget, i'd go for TextWrangler, because it makes the code a lot easier to read. Also, TextWrangler has built in color for other languages like PHP, JavaScript, CSS and Java, in case you need that later on.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected].

.:BoeManE:.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    k_munick_munic Posts: 357member
    Quote:

Originally posted by millsdude

Thanks

try FREEWAY XLE 49$, Applications services heidelberg (don't worry - in english!) - best website tool with WYSIWYG interface, like quark etc...pp they do have a free 30day trial

no knowledge of any html neccessary...- for apple users ;-)
  • Reply 3 of 4
    th0rth0r Posts: 78member
    PageSpinner is a great way to get into it. $29.95
  • Reply 4 of 4
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Word X (part of the M$FT Office:Mac suite, or sold by itself) is more than good enough to do basic HTML work. A big advantage of Word is that you've probably used it before.