Google Maps, Apple Maps, and smartphones are at the forefront of modern war

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,425member
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    There's a war going on as we speak, Ukraine's independence stands in the balance, and the Russians have lied about everything leading up to this.

Fuck them, Ukraine has a chance of survival, and we'll survive.

You can see the fault lines in Russia opening up, and Russia is on the verge of collapse, all because of Putin.
    Don't mix reality with fantasies. An extreme optimism is not helpful in reality.
    So, you don't follow what is happening in Russia. I do, and Russia, is very weak right now, but in 10 days or so, Russia's forces will be depleted, lacking fuel, ammunition, and rations, and unable to continue advancing on Ukraine cities and military positions. 

Well, that and the fact that Ukraine is getting an influx of Anti-Tank Guided missiles and Anti-Air defense systems. Do you need details?

Germany just approved shipping 1000 Javelin ATGM and 500 Stinger missiles, on top of what is coming in from Neighboring NATO countries. 

Need pictures of how effective they are? I'll leave you to search for those.
    I'm optimistic, but how long can Ukraine really keep this up for? Do you really believe Ukraine can hold onto Kyiv for the next 10 days or so? The thing I worry about is if this continues, Putin is going to start using bigger bombs (thermobaric rockets) to attack Ukrainian cities. I find it astonishing Russia still doesn't have air supierority over Ukraine yet. I do wonder how all this equipment will get to Ukraine. Will it be coming through Poland into Ukraine?  
    Really, the air superiority would have been primary. I expected that there would be thermobaric rockets used tonight, but who knows. 

One thing that I have seen is that there are comments that much of the tank force are quite old variants, which would be more vulnerable to ATGM's. It's also notable that here doesn't seem to be good utilization of infantry to support the armor. Just generally, and I'm certainly no expert, pretty poor quality for everything.

The equipment is coming in primarily thru Poland, and other NATO members borders as well.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 26
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    There's a war going on as we speak, Ukraine's independence stands in the balance, and the Russians have lied about everything leading up to this.

You can see the fault lines in Russia opening up, and Russia is on the verge of collapse, all because of Putin.
    Don't mix reality with fantasies. An extreme optimism is not helpful in reality.
    So, you don't follow what is happening in Russia. I do, and Russia, is very weak right now, but in 10 days or so, Russia's forces will be depleted, lacking fuel, ammunition, and rations, and unable to continue advancing on Ukraine cities and military positions. 

Well, that and the fact that Ukraine is getting an influx of Anti-Tank Guided missiles and Anti-Air defense systems. Do you need details?

Germany just approved shipping 1000 Javelin ATGM and 500 Stinger missiles, on top of what is coming in from Neighboring NATO countries. 

I'm optimistic, but how long can Ukraine really keep this up for? Do you really believe Ukraine can hold onto Kyiv for the next 10 days or so? The thing I worry about is if this continues, Putin is going to start using bigger bombs (thermobaric rockets) to attack Ukrainian cities. I find it astonishing Russia still doesn't have air supierority over Ukraine yet. I do wonder how all this equipment will get to Ukraine. Will it be coming through Poland into Ukraine?  

Russia has no intention of either destroying or occupying Ukraine.
    They simply want it to be a neutral nation that does not threaten their nation.

So, unlike a war of conquest, it will proceed slowly in fits and starts.
    They already paused it once when Ukraine started making peace overtures.  When that proved to be a ruse, they started again.  We will likely see repeats of that cycle in the weeks and months to come.

Meanwhile, there are already Ukrainian politicians seeking just exactly that:  A neutral, independent Ukraine that is not being used as a pawn by either the U.S. or Russia.
    ctt_zh
  • Reply 23 of 26
    tmay said:
    tmay said:

They already paused it once when Ukraine started making peace overtures.  When that proved to be a ruse, they started again.  We will likely see repeats of that cycle in the weeks and months to come.

Meanwhile, there are already Ukrainian politicians seeking just exactly that:  A neutral, independent Ukraine that is not being used as a pawn by either the U.S. or Russia.
    Stop lying to us, and to yourself George. Putin is set to destroy Kyiv if he can't succeed otherwise, and there are no politicians that are arguing neutrality. They want EU membership, as they would of had back in 2010.

It's over.

Russia's next move must be to make sure that Putin doesn't implement any major war crimes, like NBC attacks, on Ukraine.

This is Putin's fault, not the West's. Own it, do your penance, and move on.
    edited February 2022 radarthekatwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 26
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:

Stop lying to us, and to yourself George. Putin is set to destroy Kyiv if he can't succeed otherwise, and there are no politicians that are arguing neutrality. They want EU membership, as they would of had back in 2010.

It's over.

Russia's next move must be to make sure that Putin doesn't implement any major war crimes, like NBC attacks, on Ukraine.

Because it doesn't fit your narrative (or the social media you read) doesn't make it a lie.
    By all indications what I said is exactly what is happening.  But nobody knows for sure what Putin is thinking or where this will go -- so things could change.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:

It's over.

Because it doesn't fit your narrative (or the social media you read) doesn't make it a lie.
    By all indications what I said is exactly what is happening.  But nobody knows for sure what Putin is thinking or where this will go -- so things could change.
    Really, just fuck off. If you feel like Russia has been wronged, then take it to The Hague. They're going to be the court for the war crimes, so you get a twofer.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 26
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:

It's over.

Really, just fuck off. If you feel like Russia has been wronged, then take it to The Hague. They're going to be the court for the war crimes, so you get a twofer.

I see your arguments have been reduced to obscenities and wishful thinking.