Verizon announces +Play subscription management tool

Posted:
in General Discussion
Verizon has announced a new service dubbed +Play that will allow users to find, buy, or manage subscription services across categories like gaming, music, and entertainment.

Credit: Verizon
Credit: Verizon

The +Play platform, announced at an investor event Thursday, is a way for Verizon customers to view and manage their subscriptions in a single place. In addition, the platform will offer customers "access to special deals from partners and opportunities to discover new content."

At launch, Verizon is debuting the +Play service in partnership with Netflix, Peloton, and Veeps. Other featured services will include Disney+, Discovery+, A+E Networks, AMC+, and more.

The platform is a "is a natural extension of our core strengths," said Manon Brouillette, CEO and executive vice president of Verizon Consumer Group.

"We already support the management of millions of Verizon-offered content subscriptions and +play will further enhance our Mix & Match plan proposition by scaling choice through aggregation - choice of connectivity, choice of device, and now choice of content and digital services with added perks and offers in a one stop shop," Brouillette said.

Trials for the service will kick off at the end of March with "a select group of customers and brands. When it launches, +Play will be available to Verizon customers at no additional costs. Verizon says a full launch of the service is expected later in 2022.

Apple TV+ and other future subscriptions are not expected to be added.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member

Apple TV+ and other future subscriptions are not expected to be added.

Why not? That’s a strange thing to say without explaining the reasoning behind it. And what are these “future subscriptions” anyway? Future Apple subscriptions? Future subscriptions from everybody?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    AppleishAppleish Posts: 691member
    Who in their right mind would buy media from a cable company? I'm sure it's portable if you change provider, but who wants to keep up with all of these services holding your purchased media?

All of our stuff is through Apple. I have a few albums and some free video I got from Amazon years ago, but so little that I haven't accessed it in forever.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Appleish said:
    Who in their right mind would buy media from a cable company? I'm sure it's portable if you change provider, but who wants to keep up with all of these services holding your purchased media?

All of our stuff is through Apple. I have a few albums and some free video I got from Amazon years ago, but so little that I haven't accessed it in forever.”

remember we no long buy the media.  Be buy a license to access said media.  

I totally agree.  I only buy from places that are part of the old “ultraviolet” type service so it is portable to different player sites.  Been around to long where I almost lost access because Target, Blockbuster, Costco tried and failed.  (Not all of those had service, just making a point)