Ming-Chi Kuo confirms what to expect from the new iPhone SE

Posted:
in iPhone edited March 2022
The first Apple-related tweet by analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has listed what he expects to see from the new iPhone SE expected at next week's Apple Event.

Ahead of Apple's March 8 event, the widely anticipated third iPhone SE has been described by @mingchikuo in his first Apple tweet in over a decade.

Some predictions for the coming new iPhone SE:
1. Mass production in Mar'22.
2. Estimated shipments of 25-30 mn units in 2022.
3. Storage: 64/128/256GB.
4. A15 & 5G support (mmW & Sub-6 GHz).
5. Casing: white, black, and red.
6. Similar form factor design to current SE.

-- (Ming-Chi Kuo) (@mingchikuo)

The six predictions contain nothing that hasn't previously been reported. Those previous reports all say that the new iPhone SE will have 5G, but otherwise will be the same as the current model.

In December 2021, the analyst reported that the new iPhone SE would be largely the same as the previous model. He has also gone further than the current tweet, saying specifically that it will retain the 4.7-inch screen, instead of having a "similar form factor" to the current iPhone SE.

Separately, analyst Ross Young has more recently claimed that mass production of the new iPhone SE was to begin in January. Young also reiterates that it will be a minor update, but predicted it would be launched in April or May.

Update March 4 8:51 AM ET: The provenance of the Twitter account was unclear at the time of publication. Since then, the Twitter account has been confirmed to be authentic.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    Hope to see iPhone SE with Touch ID‌ integrated into its power button like 4th gen iPad Air, increase the screen to edge-to-edge in the current SE frame size?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member
    Ugh.  I was hoping for a SE+.

No way am I giving up my home button just to get a big screen and 5G.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member
    wood1208 said:
    Hope to see iPhone SE with Touch ID‌ integrated into its power button like 4th gen iPad Air, increase the screen to edge-to-edge in the current SE frame size?

I hope that never happens.  The home button is a far superior UI to the slide up silliness.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    darkvader said:
    wood1208 said:

I hope that never happens.  The home button is a far superior UI to the slide up silliness.

If touchid integrated into power button is not good UI, impractical usability than Apple would not have chosen to put it on newer generation iPad air, iPad mini ! That says lot. Moreover, such change offers more screen real estate and I am sure most will agree with that. Same reason, larger screen phones are sold significantly more.
    Reason Apple keep bringing lower priced same design iPhone is for specific market like employer(government,hospital,SMB,corporate) provided iPhones to employees. These employers can not afford $800-$1000 phone to give to employees and they don't demand specific designed iPhone other than lower price.
    edited March 2022
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Fidonet127Fidonet127 Posts: 507member
    Should have MagSafe.