Rumored 'Mac Studio' and new Apple display leaked in renders

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,166member
    I would love a modern version of the Luxor iMac.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 42 of 53
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    crowley said:
    Nothing has leaked, some dude has just made a mock up.
    Just like the Car renders.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 43 of 53
    MisterKitMisterKit Posts: 495member
    If it's for real it would be a real surprise if there is any user upgrades internally after purchase. The concept of the System on a Chip Is that CPU, GPU, and RAM are unified into a package. This is a big part of what makes the system so blazing fast and efficient.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 44 of 53
    Still thinking this AM that thing looks like a heat sink. No fan. Only question is about the power supply. 
    edited March 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 45 of 53
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member
    DAalseth said:
    auxio said:
    auxio said:
    Prometheu said:
    mattinoz said:
    Logic people, can we have a little logic. 
    The M1 MacMini uses about half the volume of the device compared to the Intel MacMini. Also not a lot of the thermal envelop. 

Apple could put an M1 Max or more in the old design and still have design up their sleeve. 
    What is on earth was the mock-up artist thinking might need the device to be twice as high. No need to increase power supply or cooling capacity without some additional function in there. Afterburner or second SOC would seem to be the only options seeing they are saying non-3rd Party. But then you need lots of cooling say front to back if they are vertical fin to fit in the space. 

If it is going to take even a half-length card as an option the doubling direction is still all wrong.  

The current Mac mini case couldn't run the M1 Max at sustained performance. It would need to be bigger with better active cooling.
    But yet the MacBook Pro can.  My guess is that, if it needs that much cooling space, it's going to be something more powerful than the M1 Max.
    M1 Ultra
    Sounds a bit like Michelob Ultra  :D

I was thinking that since the M-series has been mostly used in laptops (Mobile), they might use something like W1 for Workstation class hardware
    Oh that would be funny. Intel just announced a plan to beat the M1, (in a couple of years). So a week later Apple releases a system with chip optimized for Workstations, the W series, that runs circles around the Best M series chip. 

Intel managers start drinking. 
    They're gonna need something stronger than Michelob Ultra, that's for sure
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 46 of 53
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    sandor said:
    The return of the Cube!

Bring back the HK SoundSticks w/ the subwoofer & the lampshade iMac. Apple can go full early '00s  :D

Remember the size of that PSU.  Puts the whining about the iMac to shame.
    watto_cobrasandor
  • Reply 47 of 53
    That Mac render looks like the last part of a loaf of sandwich bread  left in the plastic bag that often goes stale.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 48 of 53
    y2an said:
    Stop giving these excess credibility by calling these renders, they are artist’s impressions. A render would be generated from the actual design files…
    inorite.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 49 of 53
    keithwkeithw Posts: 140member
    Yesterday: Perhaps the new "Studio" Mac and display are in lieu of a new "iMac Pro." Many professionals would like to choose what monitor they are going to use for their workflow.

Now we know I was right. There won't be a M1 iMac Pro.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 50 of 53
    takeotakeo Posts: 446member
    Called it. I was expecting $2000 CAD and it's $1999. Guessed it almost to the dollar. No way was this monitor going to be anywhere near $1000. Sadly.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 51 of 53
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    So the reason for the taller profile on a Mac mini base? Pretty massive active cooling. Not so much about M1 Max performance, but the M1 Ultra is putting out twice as much heat, since it is basically 2 M1 Max chips.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 52 of 53
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    anome said:
    So the reason for the taller profile on a Mac mini base? Pretty massive active cooling. Not so much about M1 Max performance, but the M1 Ultra is putting out twice as much heat, since it is basically 2 M1 Max chips.
    They're claiming it's still very quiet, so I imagine there's some chunky heat sink in there too.
    watto_cobraanome
  • Reply 53 of 53
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    crowley said:
    anome said:
    They're claiming it's still very quiet, so I imagine there's some chunky heat sink in there too.
    It looked pretty chunky. Big heat sink, and big fans.