Shenzhen shutdown hitting Foxconn & other Apple suppliers hard

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    waveparticlewaveparticle Posts: 1,497member
    blastdoor said:
    China's epidemic prevention is not effective against Omicron virus.   
    Indeed. 'zero tolerance' was a pretty effective policy early in the pandemic, and China benefited from the ability to implement that policy well. 

Now a different policy response is needed, but it turns out the CCP is a one trick pony -- 'zero tolerance' is their answer to everything, but it's rarely the right answer to anything. 
    The problem with China is government official takes extreme responsibility. The top official of Jilin province is fired because of the rapid rise of cases. The result is officials dare not to think freely. They follow order from the boss. The boss follows order from his boss. Eventually everyone follows order from Xi Jinping. So unless Xi orders them to think, they will not think. 
  • Reply 22 of 35
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    lkrupp said:
    Is this Covid or is it China colluding with Russia to make things hard for American companies?
    They are conspiring with Russia, but they have much bigger goals for that conspiracy.

I’m sure this is just Covid.
    India is also continuing importing oil from Russia. Is this a conspiracy from MSM? 
    So are you trying to change the subject because you agree that Russia and China are conspiring and just don't want to talk about it? 

Xi literally said, and went out of his way to say, that his friendship with Putin is "limitless." He has previously said that he and Putin have very similar personalities. Chinese propaganda has also been mimicking Russian misinformation about the war in Ukraine. And now Russia has asked China for military assistance. This isn't conspiracy theory, it's conspiracy fact. 
    Why do you say this is conspiring? China has never said it will work with West sanctioning Russia. Same to India. West wants to sacrifice its economy sanctioning Russia. Why do China and India like to sacrifice their economy too? Both Ukraine and Russia have good relation with China before. It is the West treating Russia and China as adversary. 
  • Reply 23 of 35
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 3,258member
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    lkrupp said:
    Is this Covid or is it China colluding with Russia to make things hard for American companies?
    They are conspiring with Russia, but they have much bigger goals for that conspiracy.

India is also continuing importing oil from Russia. Is this a conspiracy from MSM? 
    So are you trying to change the subject because you agree that Russia and China are conspiring and just don't want to talk about it? 

Xi literally said, and went out of his way to say, that his friendship with Putin is "limitless." He has previously said that he and Putin have very similar personalities. Chinese propaganda has also been mimicking Russian misinformation about the war in Ukraine. And now Russia has asked China for military assistance. This isn't conspiracy theory, it's conspiracy fact. 
    Why do you say this is conspiring? China has never said it will work with West sanctioning Russia. Same to India. West wants to sacrifice its economy sanctioning Russia. Why do China and India like to sacrifice their economy too? Both Ukraine and Russia have good relation with China before. It is the West treating Russia and China as adversary. 
    I suppose you're right that if they are openly cooperating, then it's technically not a conspiracy. So you got me there! :-) 

Oil is a red herring. There are not international sanctions against Russian oil. So it's not a problem for either China or India to buy Russian oil. What is a problem is sending Russia weapons (which Russia has requested of China, but we don't know yet what China's answer is) or helping Russia circumvent sanctions that do exist. 
    tmay
  • Reply 24 of 35
    blastdoor said:
    China's epidemic prevention is not effective against Omicron virus.   
    Indeed. 'zero tolerance' was a pretty effective policy early in the pandemic, and China benefited from the ability to implement that policy well. 

Now a different policy response is needed, but it turns out the CCP is a one trick pony -- 'zero tolerance' is their answer to everything, but it's rarely the right answer to anything. 
    The problem with China is government official takes extreme responsibility. The top official of Jilin province is fired because of the rapid rise of cases. The result is officials dare not to think freely. They follow order from the boss. The boss follows order from his boss. Eventually everyone follows order from Xi Jinping. So unless Xi orders them to think, they will not think. 
    This is the problem with many authoritarian regimes. It's likely the explanation for Russia's humiliatingly incompetent war in Ukraine, for example. 
    tmaybulk001
  • Reply 25 of 35
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    lkrupp said:

I suppose you're right that if they are openly cooperating, then it's technically not a conspiracy. So you got me there! :-) 

Oil is a red herring. There are not international sanctions against Russian oil. So it's not a problem for either China or India to buy Russian oil. What is a problem is sending Russia weapons (which Russia has requested of China, but we don't know yet what China's answer is) or helping Russia circumvent sanctions that do exist. 
    I don't think China is sending Russia weapons. 
  • Reply 26 of 35
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,311member
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    lkrupp said:

"I don't think China is sending Russia weapons"...

You seem unsure. The U.S. desires that China explicitly confirm or deny that they will be delivering weapons to Russia. No more fence sitting. 
    edited March 2022
  • Reply 27 of 35
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    lkrupp said:

I hope you're right, but then I guess that means the friendship between Putin and Xi isn't 'limitless'. Which would be good! But I'd like some confirmation of that. 
  • Reply 28 of 35
    pwrmacpwrmac Posts: 56member
    Makes sense. Forgot to sell my Apple stocks today (Frankfurt stock exchange).Do have defense stocks and will buy more. Stupid Apple.. When do companies realize they must be less depended on China!
  • Reply 29 of 35
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    lkrupp said:

I hope you're right, but then I guess that means the friendship between Putin and Xi isn't 'limitless'. Which would be good! But I'd like some confirmation of that. 
    Russia and China are neighbors. Neighbors need to be friendly. This is the limit of friendship. 
  • Reply 30 of 35
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    lkrupp said:

Russia and China are neighbors. Neighbors need to be friendly. This is the limit of friendship. 
    Russia and Ukraine are neighbors. 

Your theory needs work, hence, why China needs to state explicitly that it is not shipping weapons to Russia.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/under-new-scrutiny-chinas-nuclear-pledge-to-ukraine-11647007200

China's word alone is worthless.
  • Reply 31 of 35
    ctt_zhctt_zh Posts: 64member
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    lkrupp said:

Your theory needs work, hence, why China needs to state explicitly that it is not shipping weapons to Russia.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/under-new-scrutiny-chinas-nuclear-pledge-to-ukraine-11647007200

Ukraine does not want to be friendly with its neighbor.  That is why it has war. My theory is perfect. Why do you always end your post with derogatory?
    LOL!

Fact. Russia, again, has invaded Ukraine. You must be under the illusion that resisting being invaded by Russia, is "unfriendly". 

How's this war actually working out for you and China?

This is the part where China needs to "choose wisely".

https://uscnpm.org/2022/03/12/hu-wei-russia-ukraine-war-china-choice/
    Has China not already chosen Russia? From a Global Times YouTube video released today... (Global Times being funded in whole or in part by the Chinese Government.)

Some quotes...

"China is not obligated to promise not to export arms to Russia and Washington has no right to demand that of China.... 

China will certainly continue to develop relations with Russia and Russia will continue to export energy, wheat and corn to China.... 

By wanting to stop China-Russia trade, does the US think it is God?... 

China will not seek to ease the tensions with the US by damaging China-Russia relations" 

Whilst the guy in the video is a media commentator, I wouldn't imagine he is free to give his own opinions on such sensitive issues, given his backers.

muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 32 of 35
    ctt_zh said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    lkrupp said:

Ukraine does not want to be friendly with its neighbor.  That is why it has war. My theory is perfect. Why do you always end your post with derogatory?
    LOL!

Fact. Russia, again, has invaded Ukraine. You must be under the illusion that resisting being invaded by Russia, is "unfriendly". 

Has China not already chosen Russia? From a Global Times YouTube video released today... (Global Times being funded in whole or in part by the Chinese Government.)

Some quotes...

"China is not obligated to promise not to export arms to Russia and Washington has no right to demand that of China.... 

China will certainly continue to develop relations with Russia and Russia will continue to export energy, wheat and corn to China.... 

China will not seek to ease the tensions with the US by damaging China-Russia relations" 

Whilst the guy in the video is a media commentator, I wouldn't imagine he is free to give his own opinions on such sensitive issues, given his backers.

Thanks!

That's hilarious.
  • Reply 33 of 35
    tmay said:
    ctt_zh said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    lkrupp said:

LOL!

Some quotes...

Thanks!

That's hilarious.
    He does not understand US culture. US is not God. But God bless America. LOL This is the Christian culture most Chinese don't understand. 
    China should do what it wants, and if that is to provide material support to Russia for its invasion of Ukraine, then China should expect the backlash from the U.S., and the West, including economic sanctions.

Easy peasy.

Buh bye technology transfers!
    edited March 2022
  • Reply 34 of 35
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    ctt_zh said:
    tmay said:
    tmay said:
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    lkrupp said:

LOL!

Some quotes...

Thanks!

That's hilarious.
    He does not understand US culture. US is not God. But God bless America. LOL This is the Christian culture most Chinese don't understand. 
    China should do what it wants, and if that is to provide material support to Russia for its invasion of Ukraine, then China should expect the backlash from the U.S., and the West, including economic sanctions.

Easy peasy.

Buh bye technology transfers!
    What is wrong with technology transfer? US supplies technology. China supplies the labor producing goods for the world nations. The whole world living happily and peacefully together. 
  • Reply 35 of 35
    pslicepslice Posts: 151member
    Time to shift Apple production to the U.S.  China’s economy is cracking.