French customer receives Mac Studio order a few days early

Posted:
in macOS
A French Apple fan has received his Mac Studio order a few days before orders are officially supposed to arrive -- and he has shared images of the device, too.

Credit: Simon via Mac4Ever
Credit: Simon via Mac4Ever

The Mac Studio buyer is named Simon, French-language site Mac4Ever has reported. According to the outlet, an unnamed Apple Store gave Simon his order a few days ahead of schedule.

After receiving his order early, Simon shared a number of images -- including photos of the device's box, its front and back, and its bottom. The images don't reveal anything new about the Mac Studio, but they do depict what Mac4Ever calls a "pleasant blunder" on the part of the Apple retail location.

Credit: Mac4Ever

While Apple generally tries to stop products from shipping before they intended launch date, retailers occasionally mess up and give out the devices early.

Back in May 2021, a few Apple customers said they received their M1 iPad Pro orders a few days earlier than expected. Multiple people also received their AirTag orders sooner than anticipated in April 2021.

The Mac Studio, which starts at $1,999, is a new machine in the desktop Mac lineup that occupies a slot between the Mac mini and Mac Pro. It's equipped with Apple's highest-end M1 Max and M1 Ultra chips and boasts more power than the technically higher-tier Mac Pro.

Apple's Mac Studio went on sale after the company's "Peek Performance" event earlier in March. It's slated to arrive on customer doorsteps and in-store on Friday, March 18.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    boboliciousbobolicious Posts: 1,145member
    ...and so do we get a lock slot after all, on the bottom with potential clearance if overhanging a desk, or maybe as shown perched on its side...?
    edited March 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 23
    ...and so do we get a lock slot after all, on the bottom with potential clearance if overhanging a desk, or maybe as shown perched on its side...?
    Nice catch, though seems strange you'd have to situate it on the side like that to attach it.

Edit: I want one.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    Nice catch, though seems strange you'd have to situate it on the side like that to attach it.

Edit: I want one.
    Third party people will come up with something to attach it without turning it on its side. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 23
    M68000M68000 Posts: 724member
    Congrats French customer.  I’m thinking these studio models will sell very well.  That SD card slot on the front is brilliant,  people into photography\videography will love this.   At the same time,  the “regular” mini is great.  I will take a mini or studio over the iMac any day, just love the options of hooking hardware up to it.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 23
    What lock slot?  That’s obviously a bonus USB-C/Thunderbolt port.  ;^)
    fastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 23
    payecopayeco Posts: 581member
    It seems like every Apple product launch some customer from outside the US “accidentally” receives their product a few days early. Makes me wonder if Apple doesn’t allow this to happen randomly because they know it’ll get posted to every Apple fan site on the planet. 
    Spitbathwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 23
    lock slot... no - it's actually the hole for the skeleton key in case you get stuck in the machine from some Tron-like/Alice in Wonderland experience where you go through the little vent/grill holes like in the promo video.
    fred1watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 23
    The box looks fake.  Cannot believe Apple would put a handle like that on it.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 23
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    Why not?  The box for the iMac has a handle.
    pscooter63Spitbathwatto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 23
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    LOL — Yeah, they'd NEVER do that!

JWSCmuthuk_vanalingamgregoriusmmwhiterundhvidbageljoeydewmefred1lkruppretrogusto
  • Reply 11 of 23

Nice. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 23
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,570member
    After that post, he'll need both Nivia to soothe the burn and Prozac to alleviate the depression.
    aderutterpscooter63Spitbathwatto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 23
    My Macbook Pro  box most certainly did not have a handle on it.  Just looked at it.  Maybe it has in Europe versions
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 23
    M68000 said:
    Congrats French customer.  I’m thinking these studio models will sell very well.  That SD card slot on the front is brilliant,  people into photography\videography will love this.   At the same time,  the “regular” mini is great.  I will take a mini or studio over the iMac any day, just love the options of hooking hardware up to it.
    Would think most photographers/videographers would prefer CF-Express B.

Regardless, looking forward to mine.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 23
    M68000M68000 Posts: 724member
    M68000 said:
    Would think most photographers/videographers would prefer CF-Express B.

Regardless, looking forward to mine.  
    Not everyone has cutting edge newer camera, SD very common as you know.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 23
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    payeco said:
    It seems like every Apple product launch some customer from outside the US “accidentally” receives their product a few days early. Makes me wonder if Apple doesn’t allow this to happen randomly because they know it’ll get posted to every Apple fan site on the planet. 
    What you propose is called a conspiracy theory.
    StrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 23
    payecopayeco Posts: 581member
    My Macbook Pro  box most certainly did not have a handle on it.  Just looked at it.  Maybe it has in Europe versions
    My MacBooks Pro did.  I’m in the US. My 2007, 2011, and 2013 boxes had handles. My 2017 and 2021 did not. 
  • Reply 18 of 23
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,921member
    marklark said:
    What lock slot?  That’s obviously a bonus USB-C/Thunderbolt port.  ;^)
    Clearly it was put there by the people who designed the Magic Mouse...
    bloggerblogcrowleyalanhTRAGwatto_cobra
  • Reply 19 of 23
    Apple stopped some time ago putting handles on the portables. The reason for handles on this computer is because it’s so big that carrying it wrong could cause you to drop it, whereas a portable or Mac Mini can be bagged and you can carry it out. This thing is probably to wide to fit into any Apple retail bag, thus the handle. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 23
    stuartfstuartf Posts: 64member
    My MacBook Pro Max  didn't have a handle on the box in the UK. 
    watto_cobra