New iPad Air 'Election' ad demonstrates creative power of iPadOS

Posted:
in iPad
A new promo for the iPad Air 5 follows students vying to become class president, and how the device helps their campaigns.

In what resembles a minute-long equivalent to the "Underdogs" videos, the new "Election" promo shows rivals "Emma" and "Max" designing their campaign posters.

To a soundtrack of "This Town Ain't Big Enough for Both of Us," by Sparks, the rivals race to outdo each other with poster designs, as the school shares election updates over notifications.

Apple's iPad Air 5 is on sale from March 18, 2022. First reviews agree that it is a tremendous update, but also question where Apple is going with its competing iPad Pro line.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,294member
     First reviews agree that it is a tremendous update, but also question where Apple is going with its competing iPad Pro line.”

Seems pretty obvious to me that the 11-inch iPad Pro is not much longer for this world.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    techridertechrider Posts: 102member
    So an election is won by the most popular messaging, not by the best ideas on how to make the school better for the student body. iPad is powerful - love mine, but this cute ad feels like it condones the very form of politics that is eroding society.
    fred1byronl
  • Reply 3 of 5
    uraharaurahara Posts: 733member
    techrider said:
    So an election is won by the most popular messaging, not by the best ideas on how to make the school better for the student body. iPad is powerful - love mine, but this cute ad feels like it condones the very form of politics that is eroding society.
    It has always been that way. Best ideas do not win, but most popular do. 
    Meritocracy would have been the best. Only if it wouldn’t have been too personal and emotional (and political) in our culture. 
    byronljony0
  • Reply 4 of 5
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    techrider said:
    But you still have to love elections for making people think they have a say and that “their” elected representatives actually make decisions based on what their constituents want. 
    byronljony0
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Does anyone know what the app is that the kids are using to make their designs? Thanks!