Apple TV dock, 80 ports over Thunderbolt & more - the best April Fools 2022 jokes

Posted:
in General Discussion edited April 2022
April Fools day is unavoidable if you're online. Here are some of the best jokes and fabrications surrounding Apple and technology.

Siri can help you come up with April Fools jokes
Siri can help you come up with April Fools jokes

Apple generally doesn't participate in April Fools, though it is the anniversary of its founding. However, Siri engineers have hidden a couple of clever jokes within the smart assistant for more enterprising users.

One Siri interaction can be started by simply saying "April Fools," and Siri will offer to give advice for pranks by asking "Tell me an April Fools prank." The pranks offered range from downright silly to an attempt at being wholesome. Ask multiple times to see different results.

Ask "what are you up to?" and Siri will respond "I'm seeing just how gullible people are." This interaction can start a game with Siri by saying "Hey Siri, True or False." The game consists of five statements in which the player chooses which are true or false. The final results can be shared to social media.

Apple isn't the only one participating in April Fools. One popular accessory maker called Twelve South is advertising an Apple TV accessory called "tvTV." This silly 7-inch-square display has a slot for the Apple TV set-top-box.

The tvTV by Twelve South
The tvTV by Twelve South

While you can't actually buy this $500 piece of fiction, the website does offer a 20% discount with the code APRILFOOLS at checkout.

Synology has announced the "FloppyStation" complete with four floppy disk drives for more than 5.75MB of storage. Of course, you may need a few dongles to get it connected to your Mac Studio.

Introducing Synology FloppyStation.
-
With more than 5.75MB of total storage capacity and transfer speeds of almost 115kbps, the FPS422+ is ready for even the most demanding workflows. Coming soon. pic.twitter.com/90N331eL1N

-- Synology Inc. (@Synology)

If you need something a little more modern, OWC has an 80-port dock with 1000W of power output. Multiple Thunderbolt hubs, VR, Holo ViDi Ai, 16K + 8K display connections, and plenty of USB ports.

OWC is elated to announce our newest innovation: an industry redefining dock featuring 80-ports. That's right, 80.

With 1000W of power, multiple Thunderbolt hubs, VR, Holo ViDi Ai, 16K + 8K display connections, USB-C, and USB-A ports galore, you'll never lack the port you need. pic.twitter.com/IlL0G5CkZh

-- Other World Computing (@PoweredbyOWC)

There is an alternate universe where Apple gives users exactly what they want, and in this one it's a Touch ID sensor adapter for the Mac. You'll no longer need to duct tape a Magic Keyboard under your desk just for the convenience of Touch ID.

Apple introduces the Magic Button
The Magic Button is a new accessory bringing the advanced biometric privacy & security of Touch ID to older Macs and those using third-party keyboards.https://t.co/bNOuRSiNiB pic.twitter.com/n1Y1eiswyz

-- Basic Apple Guy (@BasicAppleGuy)

Many in the tech community are tired of being harassed by the Duolingo owl mascot. Finally, there's a lawyer here to help take your case.

April Fools day can be an exhausting, if not totally cringeworthy day to navigate the internet, so we at AppleInsider wish you luck as you click on the twentieth Rick Roll link. No, Twitter hasn't announced an edit button, nor has Apple released the WWDC event announcement.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    I'd probably buy a Magic Button.
    radarthekatFileMakerFellerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 7
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    crowley said:
    I'd probably buy a Magic Button.
    I want it for my motorcycle. 
    FileMakerFellerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 7
    ravnorodomravnorodom Posts: 692member
    I love the Floppy Disc Raid drive.  :D I hope they make Zip Raid Drive.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 7
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    I love the Floppy Disc Raid drive.  :D I hope they make Zip Raid Drive.
    That would be overkill. 
    How could anyone ever need more than 5.75 MB of storage?  
    fred1ravnorodommarc gFileMakerFellerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ApplePoorApplePoor Posts: 286member
    The Seagate ST-506 5.25" hard drive was 5 megabytes for $1,500. The controller for the Zenith/Heathit computer was also $1,500.
    ravnorodomrichardk32watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 7
    rob53rob53 Posts: 3,241member
    Because I am interested in things other than computers, I enjoy watching the lockpickinglawyer on youtube. His April fool's video was about his wife's gum ball machine. I about died listening to him describe everything about the machine and how he picked the lock. All the computer things were fine but this video was absolutely outrageous. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 7
    ApplePoor said:
    The Seagate ST-506 5.25" hard drive was 5 megabytes for $1,500. The controller for the Zenith/Heathit computer was also $1,500.
    Unless you bought the external 10 MB drive. That was $6700, but it came with an 8” floppy drive. Ran H-DOS and CP/M. 
    FileMakerFellerwatto_cobra