Lewis Hamilton hopes Apple TV+ documentary has a 'positive impact'

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
The upcoming Apple TV+ documentary about seven-time Formula 1 World Champion Lewis Hamilton and his team could have a "positive impact," the driver has proposed.

Apple announced on March 9 it had secured the rights to a feature documentary about Lewis Hamilton for Apple TV+. Talking about the documentary, Hamilton believes the biopic could provide lessons to those who watch it.

"We have this documentary that we're working on and I think you have to just do everything at the right time," Hamilton said to MotorSportWeek. "The documentary is the current focus. I think stories are there to be told. I think it's important. I think there's lots that can be learned."

The F1 driver continued offering high hopes for the film, adding "For people, if you can affect and have a positive impact, if your story can have one positive impact even on one person or one family that could be amazing."

The unnamed documentary will feature full access to the champion and his team, including footage both on and off the track, along with guest interviews. Hamilton is producing the documentary with Penni Throw, Box to Box Films, and One Community, with Richard Plepler and Scott Budnick executive producing, and Matt Kay directing.

It may not be the only project at Apple TV+ that is involving Hamilton, as he has been linked to another Formula 1 film starring Brad Pitt. The driver didn't confirm his involvement, but admitted he is "going through a process right now of castings for another project that I have."

On that project, Hamilton says it's "quite an interesting process to go through," to find the right actors for the part. "You know, when the script's written, and they're writing that character, finding someone that matches that and represents that character is quite an interesting process," he said.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I'm really looking forward to this. Lewis seems like a good guy.
    command_flotonesjony0
  • Reply 2 of 8
    A wok prat given all the benefits handed on a plate. And pays no 🇬🇧  taxes by pissing off to foreign shores. Ask about his VAT payments. Not the role model anyone should be endearing too. A prize one. 
    Sadly one reason I’ll not bother with Apple TV+ which I was contemplating this month. 
    Let’s see if any mention of the 2021 world champions is made during the documentary.
    CharlieboyJanNLwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Good post Mikey, horrendous individual, got round 3m tax on a 16m private jet, moved from UK for "privacy reasons" and his name is in the panama papers too. This will all be mentioned in the documentary of course.  ;)
    JanNLwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 8
    AppleishAppleish Posts: 687member
    The last season of F1 made me give up the sport. FIA changing rules mid-race have made it a laughing stock.
    command_fapplguylotoneswatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 8
    command_fcommand_f Posts: 421member
    Lewis Hamilton uses his fame and the resulting media platform to try to further causes that he supports. He got where he is through hard work and raw talent and now tries to give something back.

I think he deserves respect for that.
    lotonesFileMakerFellerdewmejony0
  • Reply 6 of 8
    lotoneslotones Posts: 58member
    Nice to read all these posts from potential millionaires who would go against their accountants' and business managers' advice and pay full taxes because, you know, it's the right thing to do.

Why hate on Lewis because he's doing what every other millionaire and billionaire in Britain does to protect their wealth. Maybe there's another reason for such vitriol? Surely it's not because he's the best F1 driver on the planet, and possibly ever. Hmmm, what could it be... 

f1reheaddewmecommand_fjony0
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I used to have a beef with Lewis because he was always trying to garner support just for himself rather than for the team (remember the "Team LH" days?) and I couldn't understand why Toto Wolff put up with it. Some years later, he's been more publicly supportive of his team and I have seen that Toto's approach allowed for the utter dominance of Mercedes for the past 8 years. When Lewis used his personal influence to raise awareness of Black Lives Matter, and stories leaked about his contract negotiations revolving more around getting Mercedes to support the causes he found important rather than getting more money for himself, I've found my respect of the man growing.

You can accuse Lewis of a lot of things, but one thing that needs to be universally acknowledged is that he is a great man. His abilities and his actions have elevated him above the general population; he may only have achieved World Champion status because of the technical capability of the car and the Mercedes team, but he has still always gotten the absolute most out of any car he drove. He is now starting to show the world that he is not only one of the greatest sportspeople of all time but one of the great human beings who will shape our society for decades to come.

Listen to Apple's "Here's to the crazy ones" speech again. I can see Lewis Hamilton in that pantheon.
    f1reheaddewmecommand_flotonesjony0
  • Reply 8 of 8
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    lotones said:
    Nice to read all these posts from potential millionaires who would go against their accountants' and business managers' advice and pay full taxes because, you know, it's the right thing to do.

Why hate on Lewis because he's doing what every other millionaire and billionaire in Britain does to protect their wealth. Maybe there's another reason for such vitriol? Surely it's not because he's the best F1 driver on the planet, and possibly ever. Hmmm, what could it be... 
    I agree. Hate every millionaire and billionaire that uses duplicitous means to protect their wealth equally. There’s plenty around to give Lewis Hamilton his fair share. 
    dewme