Elon Musk pulls out of joining Twitter's board of directors

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    Isn't a member of the board only allowed to own up to 14% of the stock in Twitter?
    He probably wants more than that....
  • Reply 22 of 31
    spock1234spock1234 Posts: 160member
    He realised the rest of the board wouldn’t allow him to be a dick and enable science deniers, liars and racists to post hate speech and misinformation without having their accounts banned.
    Says the man wearing 4 paper masks, while getting his 4th booster shot of a vaccine that will neither prevent the disease nor keep him from transmitting it to others. Science-deniers indeed!! Please crawl back into your safe space, tell yourself whatever fairytale you need to, and leave us adults to run the world.
    edited April 2022 muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 23 of 31
    Paul_B said:
    ......... A combustion engine uses the battery primarily to start the vehicle, once started you can take the battery out.  Think.
    How well does your car run once you take the gas tank out? Think about THAT!!
    muthuk_vanalingamdarkvader
  • Reply 24 of 31
    JWSC said:
    It was a hand over mouth emoji, not a face palm emoji.  This is the calm before the storm.

In Musk’s Twitter thread someone posted a video of Carl Icahn talking about how he fired 12 floors of people in a company that he became convinced did nothing and added no value to the company. Fascinating video by the way.  Musk‘s one word response in the tweet was “Exactly.”
    I saw that video too. Having been in a few multinational conglomerates, I have personally dealt with people like that. We even had an entire department dedicated to creating PowerPoint slides for a VP, so she could impress her boss's boss! 100% True
  • Reply 26 of 31
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member
    spock1234 said:
    He realised the rest of the board wouldn’t allow him to be a dick and enable science deniers, liars and racists to post hate speech and misinformation without having their accounts banned.
    Says the man wearing 4 paper masks, while getting his 4th booster shot of a vaccine that will neither prevent the disease nor keep him from transmitting it to others. Science-deniers indeed!! Please crawl back into your safe space, tell yourself whatever fairytale you need to, and leave us adults to run the world.

Ahh, the perfect example of why Twitter needs to kick off science deniers - people like you deliberately spreading misinformation.

Masks work.  They effectively reduce the spread of disease.
    Vaccines are safe and effective.  They also reduce the spread of disease, and virtually eliminate the chance of intelligent people dying from it. 
  • Reply 27 of 31
    Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 82member
    crowley said:
    Paul_B said:
    Electric vehicles are the biggest scam.  Every new build home will be required by government to have a charging station - Even if you do not drive.  a Builder or Developer CANNOT sell a property without a furnace or hot water tank.  As for the batteries, where will they be stored?  A combustion engine uses the battery primarily to start the vehicle, once started you can take the battery out.  Think.
    You take the battery out of your car after you start it?

No but I can.  I would NOT have that option with an electric vehicle.  Options are a good thing, and Tesla was the inventor of AC/DC - which is the alternator.  Ironic? Read about vehicles, it's educational.
  • Reply 28 of 31
    Kuyangkoh said:
    hmlongco said:
    entropys said:
    i still think Musk is a carpet bagger sucking in gullible investors and government officials...  
    We need more carpet baggers if they can create things like Tesla and SpaceX.

Those two things have earned him a lot of goodwill in my book, and because of that I can forgive his occasional, boring lapse.... [sic]
    Richest man…..i will give a huge palm for that, like him or not

Who actually says he's the richest man?  The richest man is the one that prints currency, and no one knows who that is...Read about the Federal Reserve Act, it's educational, Did I mention it's neither Federal nor a Reserve.  Clever.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Paul_B said:
    crowley said:
    Paul_B said:
    Electric vehicles are the biggest scam.  Every new build home will be required by government to have a charging station - Even if you do not drive.  a Builder or Developer CANNOT sell a property without a furnace or hot water tank.  As for the batteries, where will they be stored?  A combustion engine uses the battery primarily to start the vehicle, once started you can take the battery out.  Think.
    No but I can.  I would NOT have that option with an electric vehicle.  Options are a good thing, and Tesla was the inventor of AC/DC - which is the alternator.  Ironic? Read about vehicles, it's educational.
    I see no value in having the option of doing something I would literally never do.  What exactly am I meant to be thinking about?

As someone else said, you can't take the gas fuel tank out of an ICE vehicle when it's started.  And you don't even need the option to take the gas fuel tank out of an electric vehicle because it doesn't have one.

What have Nikolai Tesla and the invention of alternators got to do with whether electric vehicles are a scam?  I don't see any irony.
  • Reply 30 of 31
    crowley said:
    Paul_B said:
    crowley said:
    Paul_B said:
    I see no value in having the option of doing something I would literally never do.  What exactly am I meant to be thinking about?

As someone else said, you can't take the gas fuel tank out of an ICE vehicle when it's started.  And you don't even need the option to take the gas fuel tank out of an electric vehicle because it doesn't have one.

What have Nikolai Tesla and the invention of alternators got to do with whether electric vehicles are a scam?  I don't see any irony.

The irony is that combustion engines must have an alternator, why would an electirc car compan name themselves after the guy who invented ac/dc?
  • Reply 31 of 31
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Paul_B said:
    crowley said:
    Paul_B said:
    crowley said:
    Paul_B said:

The irony is that combustion engines must have an alternator, why would an electirc car compan name themselves after the guy who invented ac/dc?
    I'm almost totally lost and not sure if you're being serious.  Tesla the company named themselves in honour of a man who was pivotal in the field of electrical engineering.  So what?  I may not know every aspect of Tesla's life, but I don't think he ever made any bones about being able to remove the electrical source from an active electrical circuit, so not sure what the stuff about taking the battery out is for.  And yes, ICEs need an alternator to start, but I don't understand the relevance, it's not the fuel source, it has a completely different purpose to an electric vehicle.

And again, where's the scam in electric vehicles?