Satechi launches new space-saving dual laptop stand

Posted:
in iPad edited April 2022
Keep your desk neat and tidy with Satechi's new Dual Vertical Laptop Stand, designed to two keep store tablets, laptops, or smartphones in less space than your MacBook Pro.

Satechi Dual Vertical Laptop Stand with iPad Pro and MacBook Pro

Desk space can be at a premium, especially if you're the type of person who has a lot of gear. Figuring out the best way to keep your gear close by can be a chore. However, Satechi has come up with a new solution to an age-old problem.

The Dual Vertical Laptop Stand is a minimalist-inspired stand that cradles two devices of your choice, be it your MacBook Pro and iPad, or your iPad and your iPhone, stored on their sides.

This allows you to keep your devices in reach without taking up the same desk space had they been stored horizontally. Of course, it also fits great on dorm room nightstands and coffee tables.

Its heavy base helps keep electronics where you place them, and the protective rubberized padding keeps your devices scratch-free.

The Dual Vertical Laptop Stand is available from Satechi for $39.99 and comes in Space Gray.

Satechi 8K Ultra HD High Speed HDMI 2.1 Cable connected to MacBook Pro

Satechi has also announced a new 8K Ultra HD High Speed HDMI 2.1 Cable. Its gold-plated connector provides an uninterrupted viewing experience, and it supports refresh rates of up 8K@60Hz or 4K@120Hz.

The 8K Ultra HD High-Speed HDMI 2.1 Cable is available to purchase now and retails for $29.99.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    "Its gold-plated connector provides an uninterrupted viewing experience"? 

Good Lord. No. Please, no.

The gold plating magically makes the 1s and 0s flow more accurately? It prevents "interruptions"? No it doesn't. It does nothing of the kind.

Please, AppleInsider. We all get enough of this idiocy elsewhere; let's not spread it here, too.
    FileMakerFeller
  • Reply 2 of 6
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,163member
    I usually like the design of Satechi stuff, but this one is not adjustable to accomodate different thickness laptops.  There are a myriad aluminium stands of a similar design that are cheaper on Amazon that are just the same look, and more functional.
    edited April 2022
  • Reply 3 of 6
    seanjseanj Posts: 318member
    That Satechi stand must be for poor people, I need something that can hold at least 4 devices… sort of a heavy duty toast-rack  ;)
  • Reply 4 of 6
    One of the best things about using a laptop on a desk is that the laptop doubles as a “free” second monitor. 
    Stands like this sort of defeat the purpose AND the laptop can overheat if it’s running and closed.

Stands like this defeat the double monitor thing and promote overheating. No thanks.
    edited April 2022
  • Reply 5 of 6
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    One of the best things about using a laptop on a desk is that the laptop doubles as a “free” second monitor. 
    Stands like this sort of defeat the purpose AND the laptop can overheat if it’s running and closed.

Stands like this defeat the double monitor thing and promote overheating. No thanks.
    If it ever gets hot my M1 Max MBP seems to radiate much more heat from the bottom of the chassis than the keyboard side, in which case a stand like this may well improve cooling.

When at my desk I use it with a Twelve South Arc, and it's great.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,163member
    These type of stands are very useful for limited desk space. You can still have a big monitor and your laptop placed out of the way at the back of the desk. I have a double one similar to this for my small desk at home for an MBA and my work HP dragonfly.  Cheaper and more functional than this one and I can swap between laptops easily via KVM. For very small desks, or with my size desk and without the need for two laptops operating at once, I really would just go a version with a single laptop stand with the iPad bit in front. They have an even smaller foot print. There are some beautiful ones like the twelve south arc mentioned above but they are very expensive.

To maximise desk space and wanting to have the laptop open as a second screen, I would go a dual arm monitor stand that clamps on the back or sides of the desk and use a vesa mount laptop tray. That maximises desk space.