Apple MagSafe Battery Pack firmware update now available

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple has rolled out a firmware update for its MagSafe Battery Pack as an over-the-air update, though there are no known user-facing changes.

Released Tuesday, the update will apply to the charger's internal software. The previous firmware version was 2.5.b.0, and the new version is 2.7.b.0.

Apple did not provide patch notes for the update, so it's likely the update focuses on bug fixes and optimization. The update was uncovered by MacRumors.

Like with AirPods, the MagSafe Battery Pack should automatically update itself once it is connected to the iPhone.

Apple previously released a firmware update for the MagSafe Charger, as well as the Magsafe Battery Pack, in December.

MagSafe Battery Pack owners can check the current firmware by following the steps below:

How to check your MagSafe Battery Pack firmware version

1. Connect the Battery Pack to your iPhone

2. Open the Settings App

3. Tap General

4. Tap About

5. Scroll down and tap MagSafe Battery Pack

6. A menu will appear showing relevant device information
Apple first launched the MagSafe Battery Pack in July 2021 for the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro series of devices. As it uses MagSafe technology, the incoming iPhone 13 and 13 Pro series are also compatible with the charger.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    kitatitkitatit Posts: 66member
    Thanks for the interesting article.

Hmmmm, after following your instructions, my magsafe battery shows the following;

Model A2384

Firmware version 2.0.2c.0

Hardware version EVT2

I’m in Australia and I bought this in the first couple  of weeks after it became available. I wonder if there are different firmware versions for different markets. 

watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    kitatit said:
    Thanks for the interesting article.

Hmmmm, after following your instructions, my magsafe battery shows the following;

Model A2384

Firmware version 2.0.2c.0

Hardware version EVT2

I’m in Australia and I bought this in the first couple  of weeks after it became available. I wonder if there are different firmware versions for different markets. 

I’m seeing the same Firmware and Hardware versions as you even with the battery pack attached. 
    kitatitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    KuyangkohKuyangkoh Posts: 838member
    2.5.b.0 here, no change
    kitatitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I checked mine and it still says 2,5….
    I live in the East Coast of the USA 
    kitatitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    docbburkdocbburk Posts: 109member
    I’m in the Midwest of the US, and have firmware version 2.0.2c.0
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 6
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Users were squawking about this sort of thing when an AirTag update was released. Jeezus, give it time people.
    watto_cobra