Apple's Self Repair Program vs. Genius Bar: What it costs to fix an iPhone 13

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    OMG. The hassle of going through just to repair an iPhone. Why even bother. Just get a discount iPhone from carrier or visit Genius Bar.
    edited April 2022
  • Reply 22 of 26
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,728member
    Even with Apples inflated parts cost, the camera replacement example illustrates just how outrageous Apples standard repair pricing is.
    Is it cheaper to repair equivalent Samsung phones?

williamlondonhammeroftruthwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 26
    flydogflydog Posts: 1,124member
    Even with Apples inflated parts cost, the camera replacement example illustrates just how outrageous Apples standard repair pricing is.
    What about all the other examples? Oh those don’t support your argument. Never mind. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 26
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    Good thing I’ve never know anybody who needed to replace their camera. Does it happen? Sure. Is it common? Not on your life.
    muthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 26
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,644member
    I noticed Apple says not replace all of the screws and never reside them.  I guess that lok-tite is critical to the performance of the screw not coming… unscrewed.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 26
    genovellegenovelle Posts: 1,480member
    pichael said:
    Having had an out of warranty camera repair on my iPhone 12 it cost £69 in an Apple Store. Just because the price isn’t listed doesn’t mean there isn’t a cheaper option available when you go there. 

This all just smacks of the same old spoilt baby (entitled) routine in most of the world today. Wanting things cheaper, thinking they are going to save a buck by being able to do it themselves but then the reality is the parts have a cost, the expertises/parts have a cost and ultimately once it’s here it’s actually no better off. I see third party app stores and payment systems going the same way. 
    Truth is if you are really nice and do enough business Apple will often take care of you. I had an 8 year old MacBook Pro that needed a system board once it got to Apple. They quoted  $375 but as a student at the time I told them I couldn’t afford that. 3 hours later the store manager called me to say Apple was going to fix it for free as a goodwill repair. It’s why I always buy directly from apple. 
    watto_cobra