Elon Musk says Apple's 30% commission rate is 'definitely not ok'

Comments

• Reply 21 of 65
    oldcastleoldcastle Posts: 23member
    How much money does he have... How much does he charge for his cars? When he's told they're too expensive what does he say... He says nothing...why... well that's why he's the richest man in the world. Musk shut up. Who cares what you have to say...
    KTRDogpersonlolliverBeatsdewmewatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 65
    Is Elon about to announce that he's running for congress? 
    His words sound like those of a politician - lots of drivel.

Either that or not content with about to **** twitter he wants to do the same to Apple.
    And to think that I almost bought a Model S in 2018. Now... I will never ever buy anything made by a company that he controls.

I have been thinking, ever since he started trying to by TWITter, that he is going to run for President in 2024.
    He doesn't meeting the legal requirements. To run for POTUS you have to be naturally born citizen, his mother is Canadian and if father is South African and he was born in South Africa. 
    DogpersonlolliverdewmeMplsP12Strangerswatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 65
    sconosciutosconosciuto Posts: 262member
    Elon Musk has publicly stated that he wants to die on Mars.

I think that is a splendid idea and we should do everything we can to assist him with achieving that goal as soon as possible. #yeswecan
    edited May 2022 JWSCKTRDogpersonBeatstmaydewmeforegoneconclusiondarelrexjahblade12Strangers
  • Reply 24 of 65

Either that or not content with about to **** twitter he wants to do the same to Apple.
    And to think that I almost bought a Model S in 2018. Now... I will never ever buy anything made by a company that he controls.

I have been thinking, ever since he started trying to by TWITter, that he is going to run for President in 2024.
    seems like a lot of trouble to go to, for a demotion.
    edited May 2022 JWSCbaconstangwatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 65
    He needs to keep his nose out and concentrate on stuff he knows something about. 

Like selling monorails... er, Hyperloops to the North Haverbrooks of the country?
    sbdudewatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 65
    Fred257Fred257 Posts: 237member
    I’m beginning to wish this guy would just shut up. Just like 45
    KTRDogpersonbaconstangsconosciutodewme12StrangersAppleSince1976watto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 27 of 65
    EsquireCatsEsquireCats Posts: 1,268member
    I and the twitter board can't wait until Musk takes ownership of Twitter and promptly drives it into the ground.. it'd be a nice analogy to his self driving deathtraps.
    Beatsbaconstangsconosciuto12Strangerswatto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 65
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    Elon Musk is definitely not ok.
    KTRDogpersonlolliverBeatsbaconstangsconosciutodarelrex12Strangerswatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 29 of 65
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    mike1 said:
    Hmm. What's the margin on his cars as well as software upgrades?
    Tesla charges 5 figures $$ for "Full Self-Driving", which isn't.
    Beatssconosciutotmaywatto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 65
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member

He’s South African by birth, so he can’t.
    (Thank goodness for small favours.)
    KTRsconosciuto12StrangersAppleSince1976watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 65
    KTRKTR Posts: 279member
    crowley said:
    Weird how a smart guy can be so very not smart about so many things. Ignore the pillock, his opinion on this doesn’t matter.
    I never liked Musk.  Always believed he is freaking arrogant.  South Africa did want him.  Apple should have agreed to buy his company and fire his ass.
    edited May 2022 watto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 32 of 65
    KTRKTR Posts: 279member

I don't think he can run for President. I believe you have to be born in the United States.
    edited May 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 65
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Why does anyone really give a shit as to what this guy thinks? 
    BeatsDogpersonKTRdewmeMplsPspock1234watto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 34 of 65
    studiomusicstudiomusic Posts: 653member

You should do more than think about it... you might find out why that's not going to happen (for Schwarzenegger either).
    sconosciutowatto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 65
    that’s rich considering he’s been talking about making people pay to use twitter 
    AppleSince1976watto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 65
    bobroobobroo Posts: 96member
    I hope Musk teams with Berkshire Hathaway and they buy out Apple.
    steve_jobs
  • Reply 37 of 65
    Karma will be served when a cadre of fed-up Tesla owners who ponied up as much as $10,000 (depending how long ago the purchase was made) for “full self-driving”—which includes slow-speed features like Autopark and Summon, as well as highway automations—sue when they become tired of being beta testers for software they paid full price to get.

In this case Musk is getting 100% of the fee for the software, not just 30%, and after all these years hasn’t come close to the promises made.

I give him credit for SpaceX, but otherwise Musk gets loosely credited with founding PayPal (he didn’t) or founding Tesla (he didn’t). He is a savvy promoter but altogether too comfortable taking credit for the work and vision of others.
    sconosciutodewme12Strangerswatto_cobra
  • Reply 38 of 65
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,294member
    There's only one answer that covers how a guy like Mr. Musk can be so clever and innovative in some areas and so utterly naive and foolish in others: he's a smart but raging narcissist.

I suppose that's marginally better than a dumb but raging narcissist, but ...
    baconstangsconosciutodewmeAppleSince1976spock1234watto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 39 of 65
    baconstangbaconstang Posts: 1,105member
    Elon is a 'tax on the internet'.
    AppleSince1976watto_cobra
  • Reply 40 of 65
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Why the fuck does this guy need to give his opinion on literally everything that doesn’t concern him? Who gives a fuck about what he thinks about Apple’s commission, which by the way is the same as Google’s, Microsoft’s, Sony, Nintendo, FB, etc etc. Jesus. By singling our Apple you’re basically lying by omission, cause you know it will bring you deadlines. 
    qwerty52DogpersonAppleSince1976spock1234watto_cobra