Google previews Pixel 7 flagship for fall, Pixel Tablet for 2023

Posted:
in General Discussion edited May 2022
During the Google I/O 2022 conference keynote, the company previewed a few products, including the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro that are expected to arrive in the fall -- and a return to tablets in 2023.

The Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro
The Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro

The Google I/O conference is a wide-ranging event that covers new features aimed at consumers and developers alike across Google's apps, services, and hardware. The new Pixel lineup was previewed by Google to showcase its dedication to an integrated ecosystem.

The Pixel 7 has a pill-shaped two-camera system on its rear while the Pixel 7 Pro has a pill-and-dot camera system. That pill-and-dot camera should look familiar to anyone keeping up with "iPhone 14 Pro" rumors, as it looks similar to the rumored cutout for the Face ID array.

Little was shared beyond a brief video showing off the design and the new colors in shades of green, yellow, black, and white. The phones will run on the Tensor processor built in-house by Google and ship with Android 13.

The new Pixel Tablet was given even less information except that it would release in 2023. Google is expected to announce the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro in the fall.

Google I/O covered a lot of ground from new features for Google Search to what's coming with Android 13. Several features were shown surrounding AR applications and a small teaser about the potential of AR glasses was also shared.

A few products were announced with actual shipping dates too. The Pixel 6a is priced at $449 and the Pixel Buds Pro at $199 and pre-orders begin on July 21.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    They. copied the iPhone before it came out ahahahaha
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Everyone does this and iKnockoff morons will think they “invented” it.

Though I really hope they copied a RUMOR and Apple goes just with the pill. Looks nicer. 

Wouldn’t be the first time Google copies an Apple rumor that didn’t come true. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,694member
    Beats said:

Though I really hope they copied a RUMOR and Apple goes just with the pill. Looks nicer. 

But the 'just with the pill' would be a direct copy of Android phones. Doesn't that throw a spanner into your claims?

Also, this appears to be referring to the rear cameras, not the front facing cameras. 
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 4 of 6
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    avon b7 said:
    Beats said:

But the 'just with the pill' would be a direct copy of Android phones. Doesn't that throw a spanner into your claims?

Also, this appears to be referring to the rear cameras, not the front facing cameras. 

Apple invented iPhone. No “claims” here.

I was just using iKnockoff morons’ logic. They will always ignore that their devices are direct copies of Apple tech and move the goalposts all over the place to make it seem like apple looked at Android garbage for inspiration.

Haven’t seen the pill on a knockoff iPhone. I just think the pill by itself looks better.

Like the iPhone, iPad, Siri and notch, people will criticize until the entire industry copies then it’s the tired ol’ “that’s where the industry was heading anyway.”
    edited May 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    avon b7 said:
    Beats said:

I wouldn't bother.  This Beats fellow uses their own unique brand of logic, that only ever serves the accusation of everyone but Apple being an unambiguous copycat, and Apple being the sole inventor of everything good.  Not even worth calling it out, it's so silly.
    dewmemuthuk_vanalingamJaphey
  • Reply 6 of 6
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,728member
    crowley said:
    avon b7 said:
    Beats said:

I wouldn't bother.  This Beats fellow uses their own unique brand of logic, that only ever serves the accusation of everyone but Apple being an unambiguous copycat, and Apple being the sole inventor of everything good.  Not even worth calling it out, it's so silly.
    At this point in mobile phone development, where it's mostly just minor iterations on designs, it's silly to get worked up about anything.  It was back when the iPhone was first introduced, and Android creator Andy Rubin was still busy trying to catch up with Blackberry, where all the major design aping happened.
    muthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra