iCloud Time Machine for Mac & new AirPort routers pop out of rumor mill - but hurdles abou...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    bbhbbh Posts: 134member
    digitol said:
    tyler82 said:
    Apple routers were the best on the market, for Apple devices at least. I hope Tim Cook comes to his senses and brings back an even better wi-fi router.
    A B S O L U T E L Y !! Not to mention still remains one of the few routers that was not susceptible to the CIA's factory firmware hack. 
     My current DECO setup is quite satisfactory. Has all kinds of software control, including Blacklisting your neighbors' "piggy-backing". I'd be hard pressed to replace it simply to remain within the "Apple walled Garden"... which I like.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    bbhbbh Posts: 134member
    Get a NAS drive for your backups like a Synology 1 or 2 drive system. I have a 2 drive system for a mirrored backup (DS218+) and could not be happier with it. It does A LOT of stuff.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,693member
    bbh said:
    Get a NAS drive for your backups like a Synology 1 or 2 drive system. I have a 2 drive system for a mirrored backup (DS218+) and could not be happier with it. It does A LOT of stuff.
    An Apple style NAS (easily configurable but powerful) has been needed for years and would have served users supremely well given that all iDevices typically ship with too little storage space. The problem is that Apple wants you in its cloud and isn't likely to do anything that could take away from that potential revenue stream. 

Current NAS offerings are still way too overwhelming for your average user although, as you rightly point out, they offer a lot in terms of versatility. 
    watto_cobraCtPirate
  • Reply 24 of 25
    mcdavemcdave Posts: 1,927member
    Not just for historical data access but to make current data more available & performant across all devices. Use in conjunction with iPadOS to allow quick & easy iCloud offloading (thinning?) of apps & data. They also need to  sort out collaboration & native app sync conflicts.

@AppleInsider please get new forum software, this one totally sucks on iOS - can’t even highlight/select text anymore & has poor notification options.
    williamlondonCtPirate
  • Reply 25 of 25
    I just heard tell that there is something in the works, but I don't have any concrete info on it.