Wide T-Mobile outages hitting subscribers across the U.S.

Posted:
in General Discussion
A number of subscribers to T-Mobile are enduring connectivity issues, with an outage that is primarily affecting the east coast of the United States.

Users of T-Mobile took to Twitter on Tuesday, complaining about a service outage affecting their smartphones. Calls, text messages, and data are all reportedly affected, so users are forced to seek connectivity from Wi-Fi hotspots and tethering with unaffected devices.

Owners of home Internet services powered by T-Mobile's cellular network were also affected by the same outage issues, again preventing users from getting online.

T-Mobile has yet to publicly confirm there are any outage problems, but looking elsewhere demonstrates there's an issue.

Map of outages [via DownDetector]
Map of outages [via DownDetector]

DownDetector indicates a large spike of reporting from 12p.m. eastern, while a map of outage reports shows most of the complaints center around east coast cities, including Washington and New York.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Yeah, I'm in the D.C. area noticed at 1PM EST. WIFI calling didn't even work, so they had to be completely down. It's working now for me (4:30PM).
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Actually my signal shows EDGE and zero to 3 bars. I made calls on WIFI calling
  • Reply 3 of 4
    zeus423zeus423 Posts: 240member
    I haven’t noticed any outage, but for me T- mobile is very spotty on a normal day. 
  • Reply 4 of 4
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member
    I didn't have any problems.

And at least they're not Verizon or AT&T.