Dumb PC users

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I never cease to be amazed by the ill-informed crap that Pc users think in relation to Mac.

Eg, Macs are toys: Macs don't have any decent software.

Macs are only good for games: Macs aren't intelligently laid out.

Seems that a lot of Pc users haven't even got the first clue how to open up the hard-drive icon on a Mac.

It is as if they associate simplicity with stupidity.

One of my Pc (mac illiterate) friends summed it up for me when he said that

" you can't take any computer O/S seriously unless it comes with a fist sized technical manual "

Seems like he is saying that In Pc land you need a degree in mechanical engineering in order to drive a car..

How dumb is that ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Dumb PC users: redudance.

but kidding aside, there are pc users who are capable of speech.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thuh Freak

Dumb PC users: redudance.

but kidding aside, there are pc users who are capable of speech.

Yea. Look at all the Grunt Recognition Software out there.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    M$ is bringing out a new piece of grunt recognition S/W called

" Cro-Magnon "\
  • Reply 4 of 23
    cyclecycle Posts: 187member
    i wouldnt say pc users are dumber...they are limited with their pc

my producer for instance... never had a pc...

but he behaves like ..umm..he had one

"i cant do this and that..and in no way at the same time because everything would crash immeadietly..."

he has a better machine than me...

i like steve because he shows a really big crowd something ultracool..and says.. " u can do this stuff"

and WE can...with ease...this is why WE do... what we do...not THESE pc poeple
  • Reply 5 of 23
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    Macs are good for games???? Boy, they are dumb.

Games aside, Macs are so much happier to use!
  • Reply 6 of 23
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    with 95% of the market, i'm sure there are a TON of stupid PC users. probably a ton of smart ones to though.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    mggmgg Posts: 124member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

with 95% of the market, i'm sure there are a TON of stupid PC users. probably a ton of smart ones to though.

Ya, from living with a family of Wintel users (I'm the only one with a mac) I find that there are only a few smart ones (1). The rest ...well....they just arent quite there yet (4). I'm working on getting them swiched over, but that could take a while. Windows users may take up 95% of the market share, but of that 95% of windows users i would say over 95% of them are dumb as I'll get at.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

I dunno, can't be that smart if they are using Winboxes.

I use Pc's & honest to God I think I know more about Windoze than the average PC sheep clone.

Somehow, being a Mac user in a heavily dominated PC world, means that we often have to learn both systems.....like being left handed in a right handed world.

We just have to be that much more smarter & techno Savvy.

• Reply 9 of 23
    Oh and yes, I just read an alledgedly " Unbiased "article wrtten in a computer magazine that compared mac OS-X and a windows system. The reviewer concluded that there are always going to mac or windows users, But in his mind he said that windows was ultimately the better operating system because:

" It is user friendly & ultimately more intuitive "

I think he must have done a line of coke the length of Texas to have offered that stunning conclusion !

Sheesh
  • Reply 10 of 23
    If PC users were dumb then it would include 95% of my friends (and probably yours too).

Some people have an interest in cars. They tend to have different and more interesing cars than the rest of us.

Some people have an interest in gardening and their gardens are often better looking and have more interesting flowers than the ours.

Some people have an interest in cooking and most of the time they make better food that others do.

And when I speak about those areas to those people I often come out misinformed. But I hope not that mean that they regard me as dumb.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I don't care what PC users can think about mac. I enjoy my mac, it's sufficiant for me. In an another note i own also a PC. So i know both sides, his advantages and weakness.
  • Reply 12 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders the White

If PC users were dumb then it would include 95% of my friends (and probably yours too).

Some people have an interest in cars. They tend to have different and more interesing cars than the rest of us.

Some people have an interest in gardening and their gardens are often better looking and have more interesting flowers than the ours.

Some people have an interest in cooking and most of the time they make better food that others do.

And when I speak about those areas to those people I often come out misinformed. But I hope not that mean that they regard me as dumb.

Point taken, but the reality is that when one sits down to taliking computers with Pc users, most roll their eyes and go into a trance like state at the mention of Mac. Some, have used mac a long time ago, but most just take heresay as gospel.

Ps as an aside, I spent a number of years working as a gardener in the Royal botanical gardens of.......but the secret to gardening I discovered in my time is that people tend to kill their gardens not through neglect but too much watering & fussing..it spooks the plants..especially Roses.!
  • Reply 13 of 23
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I've seen this thread before. Tell your friend that if he wants a big manual, then terminal-based unix is the best. In order to get the manual up you have to first figure out how "man" works.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

I've seen this thread before. Tell your friend that if he wants a big manual, then terminal-based unix is the best. In order to get the manual up you have to first figure out how "man" works.

I will definitely pass on your suggestion.

Trouble is, he actually thinks Bill gates IS God.

So baiting him with the natural enemy of M$oft might be a push uphill.

But i'll give it my best shot !

• Reply 15 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

I never cease to be amazed by the ill-informed crap that Pc users think in relation to Mac.

Eg, Macs are toys: Macs don't have any decent software.

Macs are only good for games: Macs aren't intelligently laid out.

Seems that a lot of Pc users haven't even got the first clue how to open up the hard-drive icon on a Mac.

It is as if they associate simplicity with stupidity.

One of my Pc (mac illiterate) friends summed it up for me when he said that

" you can't take any computer O/S seriously unless it comes with a fist sized technical manual "

Seems like he is saying that In Pc land you need a degree in mechanical engineering in order to drive a car..

How dumb is that ?

I like the one "macs are only good for graphics"

although I have made a few semi-converts, they see and use my macs, change there view, but then still cant afford em. and they still always call me to help with their pc.. but most people are not worth dealing with.

Last christmas I was at my inlaws. and they had a bunch of family over. they started talking about computers(most of them are computer illiterale and think AOL is heaven).. anyways someone says "what about macs, and another says "they suck, only good for graphics". I didnt say a word, ignored it, then later my inlaws and wife said "How come you didnt tell em they didnt know their ass from their elbow", and my response was "I dont bother dealing with the ignorant"
  • Reply 16 of 23
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    I have always hated the attitude of the ignorant ilk that only know of PC as being a good platform. etc etc etc etc etc. But then again I just think - Their loss! they are missing out on something quite revolutionary (In terms of design, ease of use, power, speed(eek), intellegance* etc)

*You'll notice my lake of the aformentioned, but excuse my spelling!
  • Reply 17 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by trevorM

I have always hated the attitude of the ignorant ilk that only know of PC as being a good platform. etc etc etc etc etc. But then again I just think - Their loss! they are missing out on something quite revolutionary (In terms of design, ease of use, power, speed(eek), intellegance* etc)

*You'll notice my lake of the aformentioned, but excuse my spelling!

Yep, thats why it isnt worth bothering, people havent used or even seen em, and try to tell others how they suck and how good pc's are(yet these people call the mac users for technical help... go figure??). My wife was a pc user(at first), she had never seen or used a mac, now she HATES PC's. (we have 5 macs in the house).

her parents always complaining about their pc.. oh well.
  • Reply 18 of 23
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The General

Yep, thats why it isnt worth bothering, people havent used or even seen em, and try to tell others how they suck and how good pc's are(yet these people call the mac users for technical help... go figure??). My wife was a pc user(at first), she had never seen or used a mac, now she HATES PC's. (we have 5 macs in the house).

her parents always complaining about their pc.. oh well.

LOL! My mum was a PC person till she got to use macs and she cant understand why people use PC.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by trevorM

LOL! My mum was a PC person till she got to use macs and she cant understand why people use PC.

Ultimately, its all about what people have been accustomed to.

Like if your accustomed to brushing your teeth with a crowbar, that's cool, I won't argue. I'll just keep using floss & hope you catch on.

• Reply 20 of 23
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i dont think the pc people are necessarily to blame for their shortcoming in this respect. when i first got a computer, it was largely because of the salesman. had he himself not been so emphatic about the quadra, i would probably have gotten some peecee box; and the world would have been a very different place because of it. i would probably have been quite ignorant of Apple, and probably have been happy in my own crapulence. I would have never known the joys of mac; and i'm sure for many peecee-rs wintels are joyous as well. if the tool accomplishes what they want it to do, and their willing to go through whatever hoops to get that stuff done, then good for them. someone should give them a cookie.

the unfortunate part, as i see it, is the ignorance that many peecee people have. they don't know enough about Apple or the Macintosh, and regard it as inferior because of that. ignorance can be a very sad thing.