Updated Studio/Cinema displays?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
When did they remove the horizontal stripes from the bezels of the Studio and Cinema Displays?

My 20" is only weeks old and already it's been superceded!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    coolmaccoolmac Posts: 259member
    Where did you see this?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    I picked up one of the new A6 "Displays" leaflets today whilst I was in John Lewis. It wasn't until I left the store that I realised the displays had a new bezel.

All of the HiRes shots in the brochure feature the new glossy bezel. Very cool new look, works really well with the new chrome effect marque.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    i think someone mentioned this before at launch. i think its either a trick or those models did not have them?!

not sure though,

anyone?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    catalystcatalyst Posts: 226member
    The stripes are still there. They just aren't as obvious when the whole image is scaled down.

To see for yourself what I am talking about, go to www.apple.com/pr and download one of the display shots, then play around with the zoom.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Does anybody have the original HiRes shot of the three displays sitting side by side (the one where there is a cityscape panorama stretched across all three screens).

I binned my one earlier this week (you never need it until you've emptied the trash, eh?). I'm pretty sure that the new HiRes that's on the PR site (0201display_family.tif) has been retouched. This could simply be because they were having problems with the pin-stripes and screen angles at print - but I doubt it, their printed material is usually top drawer.

The older shots - of the ACD20" and ACHDD23" face on still have the striped bezel - but these weren't used in this latest pamphlet.

If they have removed the stripes deliberately, it might suggest that future releases of Mac OS X will lose the pin-stripes and go for a SmoothStripes type glossy look? I wonder what Panther will bring?

Anyway, regardless of what has happenned - the displays look far better with the glossy bezel...
  • Reply 6 of 8
    We just got one of the new 20-inch displays in the office. The case is exactly the same, pinstripes and all. The only difference is that the gasket around the frame is now white rather than black.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Would it be easy to switch the screen out of my old stand into the new one with the silver Apple?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    STOP DRAGGING UP OLD THREADS. How many times are you going to ask the same question?

You have one thread going in Genius Bar about this. That's enough.