MacBook Air may not launch with large array of colors

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware
The new MacBook Air may only launch with a few colors, rather than the iMac-style rainbow lineup that rumors have suggested.

Apple is expected to announce a new MacBook Air at the June 6 WWDC event. Until now, most reports have suggested that it would launch in a rainbow of colors, mirroring Apple's M1 iMac.

Bloomberg's Mark Gurman now believes that the idea of the MacBook Air launching in a rainbow of colors is "probably exaggerated" and expects the lineup to launch with the standard colors plus one additional shade -- blue.

The much-reported idea of the new MacBook Air coming in a range of "several colors" is probably exaggerated. Right now it comes in space gray, silver and gold. I wouldn't expect more than those colors (though the new gold will be more champagne like) plus my favorite iMac color. pic.twitter.com/vYl56FOikg

-- Mark Gurman (@markgurman)

The idea of Apple introducing an updated MacBook Air has been floated a few times, and as one of the earliest M1 products, it seems a likely candidate for a refresh.

Apple is rumored to be close to launching its next generation of Apple Silicon chips, with the M2 potentially being unveiled at WWDC 2022. Apple may announce an updated MacBook Air featuring the new chip as part of the launch.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    Make Air / thinner lighter version of 14.1" Macbook Pro.
    watto_cobralkrupp
  • Reply 2 of 7
    pjorlandopjorlando Posts: 30member
    L O L  :D    
    Japheywilliamlondon
  • Reply 3 of 7
    M68000M68000 Posts: 727member
    wood1208 said:
    To be lighter go smaller.  The 13 inch size is plenty big.  I have 11.6 inch air from 2011 and it was amazing laptop.  The whole point is portability and lightness, hence the air name, right?
    williamlondonwatto_cobrabaconstang
  • Reply 4 of 7
    So…. No one really knows what Apple is going to do. 

Hat tip to Tim, his plans to double down on secrecy seem to have worked. 
    Japheywatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    If there is no green one I will not buy it. 
    lkrupp
  • Reply 6 of 7
    timmilleatimmillea Posts: 244member
    M68000 said:
    wood1208 said:
    To be lighter go smaller.  The 13 inch size is plenty big.  I have 11.6 inch air from 2011 and it was amazing laptop.  The whole point is portability and lightness, hence the air name, right?
    I agree. The current Mac Book Air is really the MacBook. Let's restore the Air to where it belongs and prove that Apple can still design something worthwhile. Sitting at my desk right now is my M1 MBA and iPad mini with 3rd party keyboard with trackpad that fit with the iPad in a  case. I would like something between the two then I could dispense with both. A 12" MacBook Air with the bezel and surplus around the keyboard removed, reduced power chip & battery and a single Thunderbolt port to dock with a 6k external display with daisy-chained storage, sound system etc.. and be the smallest lightest notebook on the market. Let it run from a couple of watts - powered by solar film on the lid, no PSU required. 
    baconstang