Apple gettin' hip wit da kidz?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    As a skateboarder, I've seen Apples in use for skate video production for years. I also noticed the demo on the 17'' Powerbooks feature a skate video, demonstrating the different types of editing tools in Final Cut and iMovie. It definately caught my eye from across the sales floor.

I think its a nice change from ads with men and women in business suits, carrying around their briefcases and laptops. Even though I'm 31, Apple's ad campaign definately appeals to me more.

411 videos are pretty good, by the way.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Yo yo yo....It's all about the rizzell, fashnizzell, bo-bizzell. Don't be hatin'!

I'm Apple's most wanted ya'll. Microsoft ain't got nuttin' on me!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    M'e 'sp'e'kz pro'pre e'ngliz'...

• Reply 4 of 8
    defjefdefjef Posts: 62member
    I skate and know people that edit skate videos on macs so it was cool to see that Apple had a feature about John LaCroix and 411 but the writers use of words like "buttery steez" and "dropping hammers" was rediculous and laughable. It's like in those teen movies when one of the parents is trying too hard to be hip and says words like "phat" and "tight" and then the teen rolls their eyes and walks away in disgust.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DefJef

I skate and know people that edit skate videos on macs so it was cool to see that Apple had a feature about John LaCroix and 411 but the writers use of words like "buttery steez" and "dropping hammers" was rediculous and laughable. It's like in those teen movies when one of the parents is trying too hard to be hip and says words like "phat" and "tight" and then the teen rolls their eyes and walks away in disgust.

I think the "buttery steez" part wasn't completely Apple's fault, http://asksnoop.com/shizzolator.php?...eo/lacroix....
  • Reply 6 of 8
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Oh, I didn't even see that that was part of the title, I guess that was supposed to be there.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Buttery: Something yo' ass see or do that makes yo' ass feel inspired n' shit.

• Reply 8 of 8
    damn son I be gett'n all inspired just read'n this shiznat