Epic Games-led Coalition for App Fairness polls claim public want open App Store

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Put me down as a NO! 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 24
    command_fcommand_f Posts: 422member
    There is a problem here: Apple has designed the App Store and wider ecosystem to protect its users even when they don't know they're being protected: "it just works". So it's important that people know what they will be giving away when they are offered what I'm sure was offered primarily as a cheaper option.

Do the majority of users know how they are protected and hence value it? Probably not but I think they very much would if the issue was first explained to them but I don't suppose this exercise did that. It's a classic example of the cheap option seeming just as good as the more expensive option right up to the moment you look closely.

I very much value the protection provided by the App Store and I hope it is not damaged by hose seeking to make a quick buck.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 24
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,316member
    command_f said:
    There is a problem here: Apple has designed the App Store and wider ecosystem to protect its users even when they don't know they're being protected: "it just works". So it's important that people know what they will be giving away when they are offered what I'm sure was offered primarily as a cheaper option.

Do the majority of users know how they are protected and hence value it? Probably not but I think they very much would if the issue was first explained to them but I don't suppose this exercise did that. It's a classic example of the cheap option seeming just as good as the more expensive option right up to the moment you look closely.

I very much value the protection provided by the App Store and I hope it is not damaged by hose seeking to make a quick buck.
    Customers know it gives them protection if they didn’t then why is it preferred over Webapps?
    the market has chosen this.
    Suggesting the survey is wrong. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 24
    I feel like this survey reeks of confirmation bias.
    watto_cobra