Customer receives M2 MacBook Air a full day before launch

Posted:
in macOS
A lucky Apple customer appears to have received the redesigned MacBook Air with an M2 chip a full day earlier than orders are scheduled to arrive.

Apple M2 MacBook Air
Apple M2 MacBook Air

The customer, Reddit user br3scia, shared a handful of images of the new MacBook Air to image sharing site Imgur.

The MacBook Air in question is a silver model. The images show off various angles of the device, as well as the packaging and contents of the box that it ships in.

Credit: br3scia

Apple opened preorders for the MacBook Air on Friday, July 8. The first orders are scheduled to arrive on Friday, July 15, though it appears that the customer has received an order a full day early.

This isn't the first time that an Apple customer has received a preorder earlier than expected. Back in 2021, some customers received their AirTag orders a full two days early. Years earlier, one customer got her hands on an iPhone 6s days before the launch was supposed to happen.

Apple's redesigned MacBook Air is an overhaul of the iconic notebook. In addition to an upgraded M2 chipset, it also sports a thinner and squared-off design, an upgraded webcam, the return of MagSafe, and a larger display with a notch.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    That explains why I am now in month two waiting for my Mac Studio Display. 😡
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 7
    rob53rob53 Posts: 3,251member
    What? No initial review from him yet???? I’m wondering if the MBA will use two NAND storage chips instead of one for base model. Also hope the two TB ports use separate channels so each have full power. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 7
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,560member
    rob53 said:
    What? No initial review from him yet???? I’m wondering if the MBA will use two NAND storage chips instead of one for base model. Also hope the two TB ports use separate channels so each have full power. 
    It's a single 256 GB chip, as per Apple spokesperson interviewed by The Verge. 
    ronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Apple_BarApple_Bar Posts: 134member
    jfdesigns said:
    $1599 configuration? 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Apple_Bar said:
    jfdesigns said:
    $1599 configuration? 
    Base config. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 7
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,296member
    I can't believe they didn't get the Midnight option. How are people supposed to be able to tell that's a new M2 MBA from across the coffeeshop?? :lol: 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 7
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    Where’s the charger?
    watto_cobra