'Captain America' star Chris Evans misses the Home Button, says new iPhones too heavy

Posted:
in iPhone
Despite being an Apple TV+ alum, Chris Evans isn't a fan of his iPhone 12, says he misses the Home Button and would happily switch back to a working iPhone 6s given the chance.

Chris Evans isn't happy with his heavy iPhone 12. Image credit: Collider
Chris Evans isn't happy with his heavy iPhone 12. Image credit: Collider

In June, we learned that Chris Evans, known for "Captain America" and "Knives Out," had finally upgraded his iPhone after years with the iPhone 6s. However, he isn't too happy with that change as Apple has moved on from the Home Button and curved design.

During an interview with Collider, Evans lamented his iPhone 6s, stating that new iPhones are just too heavy. He goes on to demonstrate that he needs to use his pinky just to keep the phone aloft.

The weight isn't the only problem with new iPhones. Evans says he misses the Home Button, and no, he doesn't want an iPhone SE.

"I'm like, no, I don't want (the iPhone SE), I want the iPhone 6," says Evans. "I want something from before to work until it doesn't work anymore."

Chris Evans has starred in an Apple TV+ show called "Defending Jacob" and will return for future projects. Apple reportedly paid $100 million for his and Scarlett Johansson's "Project Artemis" which will come to the platform in the future.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 45
    Sounds like Evans isn't aware of the iPhone 13 mini. Lighter than the 6s. Bigger screen than the 6s.

iPhone 6s = 143 grams/4.7 inch display

iPhone 13 mini = 141 grams /5.4 inch display

mwhitestompyStrangeDaysCluntBaby92uraharabyronlappleinsideruserbandits1baconstangwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 45
    retrogustoretrogusto Posts: 1,111member
    I can live without the home button, but if Apple had concentrated on making the best phone they could within the constraints of the iPhone 6 form factor and weight, I’d prefer it to the current offerings. Not that it’s too late to try that, but I don’t see it happening. As a shareholder, I want them to go where the market is, and they seem to be doing well with that, but I’m not looking forward to my next “upgrade” unless they make a Mini with a telephoto camera. 
    samrodviclauyyc
  • Reply 3 of 45
    riverkoriverko Posts: 222member
    Sounds like Evans isn't aware of the iPhone 13 mini. Lighter than the 6s. Bigger screen than the 6s.

Or iPhone SE with home button :)
    mike1charlesnbyronltht
  • Reply 4 of 45
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,572member
    He can lift Thor's Hammer, but he can't lift an iPhone?
    Fred257viclauyycjony0StrangeDaysdewmeCluntBaby92p-dogFileMakerFellerkillroyurahara
  • Reply 5 of 45
    Pretty safe way to get your name in the news. Kudos to his publicist.
    jimdreamworxentropysCluntBaby92uraharawatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 45
    Ok, Boomer. 
    StrangeDaysdewmejimdreamworxentropysp-dogFileMakerFellerkillroybyronlwatto_cobratht
  • Reply 7 of 45
    riverko said:

Article quotes him as not wanting an SE.
    FileMakerFellerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 45
    algralgr Posts: 27member
    Yes, apple needs to stop with these featureless slabs and realized that tactile feedback is important.  (And making it vibrate a half second after you press the fake button is not "Tactile feedback")
    leftoverbacon
  • Reply 9 of 45
    charlesncharlesn Posts: 839member
    I can live without the home button, but if Apple had concentrated on making the best phone they could within the constraints of the iPhone 6 form factor and weight, I’d prefer it to the current offerings. Not that it’s too late to try that, but I don’t see it happening. As a shareholder, I want them to go where the market is, and they seem to be doing well with that, but I’m not looking forward to my next “upgrade” unless they make a Mini with a telephoto camera. 
    Hmmmm... so let's see... Apple should concentrate on the 6 form factor and weight... that would be 5.44 inches tall, 2.64 inches wide and a weight of 129 grams--or 143 grams for the 6s. Gosh, you're so right... stupid Apple! The closest phone they have to that today is a whopping 5.45 inches tall, a ridiculous 2.65 inches wide and a bloated weight of 144 grams. It's called the SE, it's better in every way than the iPhone 6, sells for less money, but with a form factor and weight nothing like the 6, I could see why you'd never want to buy it. 
    stompyradarthekatStrangeDaysp-dogFileMakerFellerkillroyuraharabaconstangwatto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 45
    stompystompy Posts: 408member
    riverko said:

Article quotes him as not wanting an SE.
    Right, but he makes contradictory complaints. "I want something from before to work until it doesn't work anymore."
    Well, that's the exact description of his 6s that was shutting down, couldn't be charged, etc.
    Besides a missing headphone jack, and pain, what did his 6s give him that the SE 3 doesn't?
    radarthekatpichaelFileMakerFellerkillroywatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 45
    Ok, Boomer. 
    He's a Millennial. You missed by two generations.
    grandact73uraharabaconstangwatto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 45
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    Just to make bit light weight phone, you can always make flimsy phones like android phones but what's a point ? About Home button, we have moved on to Faceid but back of mind still wanting that feel, touch authentication. And someday we will have both(faceid, touchid) or something even better in every iPhone.
    edited July 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 45
    😂🤣 he needs to work out more. 
    killroywatto_cobratht
  • Reply 14 of 45
    omasouomasou Posts: 573member
    Same complaint from users when they first switch, especially if they delayed the inevitable.

He'll get over it.

Agree about weight. As Apple attempts to continually increase battery life with smaller efficient chips they are also for some reason increasing the battery size too much. The current MacBook Pro 16" is a perfect example. It's like carrying a lead brick and reminds me of the original Macintosh Portable

watto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 45
    samrodsamrod Posts: 60unconfirmed, member
    I’m not looking forward to my next “upgrade” unless they make a Mini with a telephoto camera. 
    EXACTLY!! I'd fall in LOVE with such an iPhone. 
    retrogustowatto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 45
    Ok, Boomer. 
    I was thinking he was GenX but it looks like he is actually on the old side of Millennials.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 45
    samrodsamrod Posts: 60unconfirmed, member
    The iPhone's too heavy for Capitan America? 🤦🏻‍♂️
    CluntBaby92p-dogkillroywatto_cobra
  • Reply 18 of 45
    elliots11elliots11 Posts: 290member
    Bring back a home button! I’d be fine with a smaller fake one with haptic feedback. Bring back the headphone jack as well. 

Trying to get my parents to use swipe gestures is not going to happen. They just get even more ornery. And their eyesight is poor so the current iPhone SE won’t work, they need a bigger screen than that. Consider the olds! 
    OnPartyBusinessibill
  • Reply 19 of 45
    retrogustoretrogusto Posts: 1,111member
    charlesn said:
    Hmmmm... so let's see... Apple should concentrate on the 6 form factor and weight... that would be 5.44 inches tall, 2.64 inches wide and a weight of 129 grams--or 143 grams for the 6s. Gosh, you're so right... stupid Apple! The closest phone they have to that today is a whopping 5.45 inches tall, a ridiculous 2.65 inches wide and a bloated weight of 144 grams. It's called the SE, it's better in every way than the iPhone 6, sells for less money, but with a form factor and weight nothing like the 6, I could see why you'd never want to buy it. 
    From your sarcastic response, it sounds like I upset you and you think I’m stupid. I didn’t mean to upset you, and I think you missed what I was saying. To address your remarks, the SE is about 12% heavier and 6% thicker than the iPhone 6, a difference that you do notice. The advantages for my regular use would be a better camera, better cell communication and water resistance, disadvantages besides the weight and thickness include lack of a headphone jack and a glass back that is more prone to breakage. Still a reasonable compromise. 

But what I said was that if Apple prioritized sleekness (as they used to), I bet they could make a good sleek phone (better than the SE), and that’s a phone that I could get excited about. But I wouldn’t be upgrading from a 6, of course, those days are long gone, so it would need to be substantially better than my Xs in ways that actually matter to me if I’m going to shell out another $1,100.
  • Reply 20 of 45
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    Ok, Boomer. 
    He's a Millennial. You missed by two generations.
    And he's already fearing change. 

It took one day to get over the home button and just...swipe up. It's a non-thought now.
    magman1979jimdreamworxFileMakerFellerhecalderkillroywatto_cobras.metcalfjony0