Mac people aren't nerds.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This was kinda hard to sum-up in words, but here we go:

I'm not a computer nerd. I'm not one of those taped-broken-rimmed-glasses persons (sorry to whom I may have offened ). I'm more of your average person.

Mac people are more hip than your average computer user. Sometimes people confuse using other OSes with being a nerd (well, for Linux people that certainly may be the case) - but the truth is, Apple is different... it's more "hip" than your average computer company.

So, what I'm saying is: most of the people I know who use Macs are not the geek types at all - but in fact they are they are more of your average person (not that there is anything wrong with being a geek ).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    One only needs a cursory glance at your signature, Bioflavanoid.

Enough Said.

• Reply 2 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce

One only needs a cursory glance at your signature, Bioflavanoid.

Enough Said.

\ ... ... ... ... ... Lol, well, I can assure you though, I'm not a geek.
  • Reply 3 of 26
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    i for one consider my self of the same metal as the nerdy scientist on the simpsons...

bruce
  • Reply 4 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

i for one consider my self of the same metal as the nerdy scientist on the simpsons...

bruce

GLAVEN!
  • Reply 5 of 26
    finboyfinboy Posts: 383member
    Man, I have NO IDEA how you expect to pull this thread off.
  • Reply 6 of 26
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    yeah, were all hip and cool, which is why we talk about computers online with people we dont really know.
  • Reply 7 of 26
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by xionja

yeah, were all hip and cool, which is why we talk about computers online with people we dont really know.

Can you blame 'em though? Like, take me for example, I'm soooo damn cool it's not even funny any more. Who wouldn't want to talk to me and people like me online?
  • Reply 8 of 26
    rick1138rick1138 Posts: 938member
    Just admit it, were all nerds. I watched a video of a math lecture last night.
  • Reply 9 of 26
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    we are all nerd, just not ur stereo typical nerds

i mean i'm friends with the real nerds to the popular people...and the beautiful people (haha same crowd), but i spend more time at the computer then most people

haha, when car loads of people or invitations to do somethign stop coming in at night then i will be worried

(by car loads i mean 4 or more...they travel in packs)
  • Reply 10 of 26
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    No Comments.
  • Reply 11 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by stunned

No Comments.

haha i know this sound imaginary and a lie but its tru (assuming that was to me)
  • Reply 12 of 26
    jante99jante99 Posts: 539member
    Remember everyone who uses a Mac wears designer clothing, lives in a trendy neighborhood in Manhatan, and works at an advertising agency.

And thus wears outfits like these:

Compared to people who uses Windows computers and look like this:

(Who looks better is up for debate)
  • Reply 13 of 26
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I don't know...this is a reach. While I'd like to certainly imagine Mac users, on balance, as far cooler and more put together than the average PC user, my experience and time here at AI tell me otherwise.

But seriously, I know tons of cooler-than-I PC users. Conversely, I unfortunately know far too many Mac-using shitheads, puddingbrains and various other wastes of space who proudly wear their Aqua on their sleeve.

So, no. I ain't buyin' it.

Takes all kinds and the only stereotypes I subscribe to are the amazingly accurate ones I come up with myself.

• Reply 14 of 26
    i dont know about less nerdy but mac users are more relaxed and less of a computer nerd by percentage...but this doesn't mean less of a nerd in another form of art

read "macintosh the naked truth" he goes into thish a little
  • Reply 15 of 26
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    we're all nerds in some way
  • Reply 16 of 26
    You just keep telling yourself you're not.

Wake up and smell the maple nut crunch One of my best friends is a hardcore programmer, but man, the kid parties more than I do, has more luck with women than I do, etceteras. He's still a geek though
  • Reply 17 of 26
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Did I say I wasn't?
  • Reply 18 of 26
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    Mac people geeks? Not at all - particularly the Mac people around here
  • Reply 19 of 26
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member

Oh Ohh.

I'm in trouble...That Ass looks familiar to me...
  • Reply 20 of 26
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    If you were to say..own the entire series of Space 1999 on DVD would that make you really cool or nerdy?

Nick