Beats partners with Kim Kardashian on new neutral Beats Fit Pro colors

Posted:
in General Discussion edited August 2022
Apple's Beats by Dre subsidiary has teamed up with influencer and entrepreneur Kim Kardashian on a trio of Beats Fit Pro colors in a more neutral palette.

Beats Fit Pro x Kim Kardashian
Beats Fit Pro x Kim Kardashian

The new Beats Fit Pro headphones come in three earthy and muted tones: Moon, Dune, and Earth. Alongside the new headphones, Beats is also launching a new ad campaign focused on Kardashian.

"I wanted to break away from the idea that headphones have to be colorful to make a statement," said Kim Kardashian. "This collaboration is special because it allows you to blend in or stand out, and Beats is known for creating products that showcase individuality."

Beats x Kim collaboration
Beats x Kim collaboration

In a separate video, Kardashian went on to say that she had an artist paint Beats Fit Pro models in neutral tones as an experiment before going directly to the company with her samples.

As with other Beats Fit Pro, the new headphones feature a flexible wingtip, Active Noise Cancellation and Spatial Audio support.

They're set to retail for $199.99, the same MSRP as other Beats Fit Pro colors (or grab them on sale), and will launch on Tuesday, Aug. 16.

The new Apple x Kim Beats Fit Pro are set to debut at a limited number of Apple retail locations, including The Grove, Tower Theatre, and Third Street Promenande in the Los Angeles Area, and Fifth Avenue and SoHo in New York City.

They will also be available at select authorized retailers in Canada, the U.K., France, Germany and Switzerland, Australia, and China.

Read on AppleInsider
dewme

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    Disgusting.
    rob53williamlondon
  • Reply 2 of 18
    sbdudesbdude Posts: 256member
    Oh Apple, this is a new low.
    rob53williamlondon
  • Reply 3 of 18
    Great colors and concept overall, I am sure it will sell in volumes.

I don't get all the hate she gets.
    dewmedoozydozenwilliamlondonmacguijony0
  • Reply 4 of 18
    PancakePancake Posts: 42member
    I like the colors but I don’t know why the partnership was needed. 
    danox
  • Reply 5 of 18
    Nice color match for anyone with a Zune.
    dewmewilliamh
  • Reply 6 of 18
    JWSCJWSC Posts: 1,203member
    Blending in is not a bad idea at all.  Judge not by the source but the content of their ideas.
    dewmedoozydozenmacguijony0
  • Reply 7 of 18
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,957member
     Brought to you by the brand built solely on getting a hated double murderer off Scott free. Need anyone ask why such animosity? Without that event none of us would have ever heard of this family of opportunist oxygen wasters. 
    williamlondon
  • Reply 8 of 18
    This product sucks. Last only 4 months before they break and then apple says it’s not covered…. 
    williamlondon
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Like the colors, but a not a fan of that family. 
    edited August 2022
  • Reply 10 of 18
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,841member
    sbdude said:
    Oh Apple, this is a new low.
    Lower than giving Jerry Jones and the NFL Billions? Or getting into making TV or Movies, Apple devices have sold in big numbers over the years because they are some of best you can buy, sponsorship or making low margin content is nothing more than billions down the drain, the quality of Apple finance and market departments seems get more sleazy and money wasting everyday. 
    edited August 2022
  • Reply 11 of 18
    williamhwilliamh Posts: 1,033member
    I hope Apple will partner with Gwyneth Paltrow and sell Beats that smell like her vagina.
    jony0
  • Reply 12 of 18
    williamhwilliamh Posts: 1,033member
     Brought to you by the brand built solely on getting a hated double murderer off Scott free. Need anyone ask why such animosity? Without that event none of us would have ever heard of this family of opportunist oxygen wasters. 
    That's just not correct.  The brand was also built off of a sex tape.
    beowulfschmidt
  • Reply 13 of 18
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,841member

Envy and jealousy?, sports sponsorship, celebrity sponsorship or TV/Movie content creation will not sell more Apple devices (the public didn’t buy Apple products based on those reasons thru the years). A better hardware/software device did.

Connections to these low margin parasitic entities isn’t what got Apple to where it is today. And Tim Cook has been a great CEO, but only a new CEO can change this distracted course).
    edited August 2022 mknelson
  • Reply 14 of 18
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,163member
    I reckon a frankenfurter edition should be pretty awesome.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,357member

Neither do I. And how  are Beat connected to OJ's NG verdict? That's one angry leap to connect totally unrelated dots. Maybe he's a fan of a former president. The DA dropped that ball big time.

I don't follow the family at all but the three sisters are gorgeous to my eye and that's all that counts. There's ample (LOL) empirical evidence that Kim is an influencer (I really hate that word) and I imagine she'll significantly boost sales for Beats products.

"I wanted to break away from the idea that headphones have to be colorful to make a statement." 

My phone and my AirPods all have leather cases because that's preferable over any colors the phone and AirPods (white only) come in.

That these new Beats are designed around skin tones is a plus, making them less conspicuous. I like the subdued look. My Beats Flex and PowerBeats Pro come in muted but "fashion" colors. I'm a big fan of this new blended look and hope it catches on with other products. Apple will never follow suit, though the AirPods Max are a break from Traditional Apple White.

Pancake said:
    I like the colors but I don’t know why the partnership was needed. 
    It's doubtful that Beats would have ever come up with this idea on their own. Their idea of fashion is colors, mostly those that <pop>. Has been for a very long time. So Kim brought this idea to Beats/Apple somebody. Should she donate it and let the Corporation get all the money? I think not. Apple/Beats/whoever knows her reach and social integration and no doubt feels they can exploit that. And Kim is not about to be exploited.

So a partnership was formed. Now there's choice, more choice. And that's always good.
    dewme
  • Reply 16 of 18
    jony0jony0 Posts: 378member
    macgui said:

Neither do I. And how  are Beat connected to OJ's NG verdict? That's one angry leap to connect totally unrelated dots. Maybe he's a fan of a former president. The DA dropped that ball big time.
    I didn't get the connection at first either, didn't even think of OJ as the double murderer reference but now that you mentioned him, I remembered that Kim's father was on OJ's legal team. Nevertheless that is still an angry leap but I'm guessing those could be the dots he related to. Still, I agree that the DA team did not do well.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    Can't delete this post.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    JonyO said:
     I remembered that Kim's father was on OJ's legal team. Nevertheless that is still an angry leap but I'm guessing those could be the dots he related to. 

Robert Kardashian was the family lawyer for Simpson and the first one OJ contacted but he wasn't a criminal lawyer. Enter Johnny Cochran.

So there's those dots. But how they tie to being the basis of the Beats company doesn't make any sense, nor does the 'explanation' given.

The girls did get some notoriety that wasn't deserved, but they make lemonade out of lemons. I expect they would have done well even if Robert hadn't been a visible player on the defense team. But nobody should make the mistake he got OJ acquitted. That was all Cochran.

So while I won't be purchasing disposable 'buds for some time, these would be under consideration if they had a longer life span. Or if they were considerably cheaper. Or if I were considerably richer.