Hyper announces 'world's first' 245W GaN charger, portable battery pack

Posted:
in General Discussion edited August 2022
Hyper has announced a pair of new power accessories -- a charger and a portable battery pack -- that can output 245 watts worth of power.

Credit: Hyper
Credit: Hyper

The accessory maker on Monday announced the HyperJuice 245W GaN Desktop Charger, which it calls the "world's first and smallest" 245W desktop charger.

Hyper's 245W charger packs four separate USB-C ports that can simultaneously charge up to four 60W laptops like the 13-inch MacBook Pro or MacBook Air, or two 100W laptops like the 16-inch MacBook Pro, a tablet, and a smartphone.

Although described as "pocket-sized," the 245W GaN charger isn't the size as your standard wall adapter. However, it is still portable enough to pack in a bag or briefcase for charging on the go.

Hyper also announced a similar 245W USB-C battery pack that sports a pair of 100W USB-C Power Delivery ports and two 65W USB-C power delivery ports to charge up laptops, smartphones, drones, and more.

The HyperJuice 245W USB-C Battery Pack also sports an OLED display that can show information about battery capacity and charging power on each port. Combined with the 245W GaN charger, the Battery Pack can be juiced up in just an hour.

The HyperJuice 245W GaN Desktop Charger runs $149.99, while the 245W Battery Pack retails for $249.99. Both are now available from Hyper and at B&H Photo.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    thttht Posts: 5,450member
    Waiting on how high in power these companies are going to go before putting a fan in their chargers. ;)

300 W? 350 W? Somewhere there. Some laptops will go there with next gen x86 chips and next gen Nvidia/AMD GPUs.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 9
    My charger does not work anymore. No product from Hyper for me, again. :neutral: 
    Japhey
  • Reply 3 of 9
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    Dimensions and weight, please.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 9
    tht said:
    Waiting on how high in power these companies are going to go before putting a fan in their chargers. ;)

300 W? 350 W? Somewhere there. Some laptops will go there with next gen x86 chips and next gen Nvidia/AMD GPUs.
    Not a coincidence that the case looks like a heat sink, I suspect.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 9
    uraharaurahara Posts: 733member
    Lol. Regardless of how big it is it would be the smallest, since there is only one such Charger. 

watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 9
    uraharaurahara Posts: 733member
    Can I charge my Tesla with it?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 9
    thttht Posts: 5,450member
    urahara said:
    Can I charge my Tesla with it?
    It can probably maintain the charge level, or there about. Tesla cars are not that efficient when parked. It takes about 250 W to power the computers, cameras, sensors and radios, in addition to the natural battery drain which combined is about at 250 to 300 W or so. 

I should find out how much of it I can turn off. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 9
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    urahara said:
    Lol. Regardless of how big it is it would be the smallest, since there is only one such Charger. 

Lol. Doesn’t matter if it’s the smallest. If it weighs too much, I’m not going to lug it or buy it.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 9
    roakeroake Posts: 811member

HYPER HyperJuice Battery

Highlights

• 27,000 mAh Battery Capacity
    • Up to 245W of Power Output
    • 2 x 100W USB Type-C Ports
    • 2 x 65W USB Type-C Ports
    • 100W Passthrough USB Charging
    • OLED Indicator
    • PD, Qualcomm 4.0+ & PPS Compatible