New Apple ad says that Apple One bundle offers 'the best of Apple' in one place

Posted:
in General Discussion edited August 2022
Apple has shared a new ad spot promoting its Apple One bundle, which includes a number of the company's services at a discounted monthly rate.

Apple One bundle
Apple One bundle

The quick thirty-second video dubs the Apple One subscription as a way to get "the best of Apple" all in one package. It gives an overview of the included services, ranging from Apple Arcade to Apple News.

Apple first launched its Apple One bundle in 2020. There are three different tiers of Apple One, including an Individual tier, a Family tier, and a Premier tier.

Individual accounts, which cost $14.95 a month, come with 50GB of iCloud, Apple Music, Apple TV+, and Apple Arcade.

The more expensive Family Plan includes 200GB of iCloud data, Apple Music for up to six people via Family Sharing, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade. It costs $19.95 per month.

Apple One Premier includes all of Apple's services, including Apple News+ and Apple Fitness+, as well as 2TB of iCloud storage and everything that's included in the Family plan. It costs $30 a month.

Read on AppleInsider
mfryd

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    Apple One is useless to me.  Too few choices on the bundles.  Family plan would almost work except Apple thinks 200GB is plenty to backup 6 iPhones and 6 iPads.  I have the 2TB iCloud storage because I also use Homekit compatible security cameras.  
    pulseimagesbonobobJanNL
  • Reply 2 of 21
    Apple One bundles would be better if you could tailor them to your needs. I don’t care for Apple Arcade and 2 TB of storage is too small in the grand scheme of things. 
    watto_cobrabonobob
  • Reply 3 of 21
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    Let me pick the 2, 3, or 4 services I want and the level of iCloud storage, not just 200GB or 2TB. Then I might be interested.
    dewmebonobobbeowulfschmidt
  • Reply 4 of 21
    mfrydmfryd Posts: 216member
    Apple One bundles would be better if you could tailor them to your needs. I don’t care for Apple Arcade and 2 TB of storage is too small in the grand scheme of things. 
    You can add an extra 2TB of storage to your family plan for $9.99/month.   $39.99/month gets you Apple One Premier for the whole family with 4TB of storage. 
    watto_cobralolliver
  • Reply 5 of 21
    DAalseth said:
    Let me pick the 2, 3, or 4 services I want and the level of iCloud storage, not just 200GB or 2TB. Then I might be interested.
    2 services (family music/Apple news or family music/fitness or Apple news/fitness) plus 2TB storage is a little more than the cost of the most expensive tier. For me it definitely exceeds my needs.

I was initially subscribed to the family plan for Apple Music, apple news (my wife loves it), and 200 GB icloud. The storage became an issue. Once I decided to jump over to the 2 TB, it was cheaper for me to do the bundle. I’m glad I did because I would have not tried fitness otherwise and have been enjoying the workouts and cool downs. Don’t use Apple Arcade though have played a few games. One benefit that I did not think of has been the joy of not having to manage the Apple TV subscription like I do with the other streaming services. Just my 2 cents. Cheers
    DAalsethmfrydwatto_cobralolliverargonaut
  • Reply 6 of 21
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,007member
    Love the Apple One + bundle for the family - Just add the 2 TB plan if you need more storage. We use all the services so it makes sense in that regard.
    DAalsethwatto_cobralolliverargonaut
  • Reply 7 of 21
    DAalseth said:
    2 services (family music/Apple news or family music/fitness or Apple news/fitness) plus 2TB storage is a little more than the cost of the most expensive tier. For me it definitely exceeds my needs.

I was initially subscribed to the family plan for Apple Music, apple news (my wife loves it), and 200 GB icloud. The storage became an issue. Once I decided to jump over to the 2 TB, it was cheaper for me to do the bundle. I’m glad I did because I would have not tried fitness otherwise and have been enjoying the workouts and cool downs. Don’t use Apple Arcade though have played a few games. One benefit that I did not think of has been the joy of not having to manage the Apple TV subscription like I do with the other streaming services. Just my 2 cents. Cheers
    True, but the extras are things I don’t have any interest in. Apple Music, AppleNews, Fitness+, are not ever anything I am going to use. It doesn’t matter if they are free with the bundle.

Actually let me put it a different way: 2TB plus the cost of the two services I might want is still less than the topmost tier. The bundle isn’t saving me anything.
    edited August 2022
  • Reply 8 of 21
    mfryd said:
    You can add an extra 2TB of storage to your family plan for $9.99/month.   $39.99/month gets you Apple One Premier for the whole family with 4TB of storage. 
    I spend $24.97 now for 2TB iCloud, Apple Music and Apple TV+.  There is no option cheaper than that via Apple One that includes 2TB.  Hence, useless to me.  UseFUL, would be what i have now for $19.99.  I'd hop on that in a minute.
  • Reply 9 of 21
    uraharaurahara Posts: 733member
    ITGUYINSD said:
    mfryd said:
    I spend $24.97 now for 2TB iCloud, Apple Music and Apple TV+.  There is no option cheaper than that via Apple One that includes 2TB.  Hence, useless to me.  UseFUL, would be what i have now for $19.99.  I'd hop on that in a minute.
    You can get iCloud Disc storage of 2TB for 9,99. So what's the problem?
    watto_cobralolliver
  • Reply 10 of 21
    urahara said:
    ITGUYINSD said:
    mfryd said:
    I think the issue is that Apple is advertising these as great deals, which they are IF YOU WANT ALL OF THE SERVICES. For me, and it appears several others, it really doesn’t save us anything, and including things we don’t want or need doesn’t sweeten the pot. 
    muthuk_vanalingambonobobargonaut
  • Reply 11 of 21
    I hope someone at Apple is reading this board... lots of potential customers who just want to select the bundle that meets their needs. The forced bundle, not the price, has made it a non-starter for me. 
    muthuk_vanalingamargonautJanNL
  • Reply 12 of 21
    DAalseth said:
    I think the issue is that Apple is advertising these as great deals, which they are IF YOU WANT ALL OF THE SERVICES. For me, and it appears several others, it really doesn’t save us anything, and including things we don’t want or need doesn’t sweeten the pot. 
    My local grocery store sometimes runs a special where you get two free bottles of Coca-Cola when you buy two bottles.   If you want that much Coca-Cola, it's a good deal.  If you only need one bottle, then it isn't.

There is nothing wrong with offering discounts to volume purchasers.  

Apple is offering a discount to those buying all of their services.  If you were intending to buy all the services, it's a good deal.  If you were only going to buy some of them, you may find that you don't save money, but you get a few extra services for free.  Who knows? you might try those extra services and like them.  If you only want one service, then buying the bundle is not for you.

watto_cobralolliver
  • Reply 13 of 21
    urahara said:
    ITGUYINSD said:
    mfryd said:
    $19.95 for Family plan + $9.99 for 2TB is ---wait for it...almost $30.  I spend $25 now.  Why would I spend more for what I have now?
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 14 of 21
    mfryd said:
    DAalseth said:
    My local grocery store sometimes runs a special where you get two free bottles of Coca-Cola when you buy two bottles.   If you want that much Coca-Cola, it's a good deal.  If you only need one bottle, then it isn't.

Apple is offering a discount to those buying all of their services.  If you were intending to buy all the services, it's a good deal.  If you were only going to buy some of them, you may find that you don't save money, but you get a few extra services for free.  Who knows? you might try those extra services and like them.  If you only want one service, then buying the bundle is not for you.

Who is talking about wanting only ONE service?  I've got 3 services.  I get emails from Apple ensuring me I can get a better deal with Apple One.  I do the math and realize I can't get a better deal.  I'll repeat myself -- why does the Family plan (for 6 people) only have a 200GB iCloud plan?  If Apple made it 2TB for $19.95, that would be a deal.
    JanNL
  • Reply 15 of 21
    jamnapjamnap Posts: 87member
    From a marketing strategy Apple is so wrong with their Bundle options.  I, and many friends/relatives, do not play games and do not want Arcade.  We just want iCloud+, Music and TV, but for some unknown reason Apple offers no such bundle or a ala carte option.
  • Reply 16 of 21
    jamnap said:
    From a marketing strategy Apple is so wrong with their Bundle options.  I, and many friends/relatives, do not play games and do not want Arcade.  We just want iCloud+, Music and TV, but for some unknown reason Apple offers no such bundle or a ala carte option.
    Apple is running a business.  The goal of the bundle is not to get you to pay less.  The goal is to keep people who use multiple services in the Apple ecosystem.

For those people that do pay for lots of services, the bundle gives them an incentive to buy their news, games, music, streaming, cloud storage, etc., all from Apple.

Those are the customers that the Bundle targets.

Furthermore, the bundle also targets people who are not yet using all of these services.  If don’t pay for news, but are interested in a news service, why would you pay for someone else’s service, when you get Apple News free with the bundle.

The more Apple services a customer has, the less likely it is for them to jump ship and buy a phone, computer, or additional service from an Apple competitor.

As an Apple customer, I am annoyed by many of Apple’s policies and product bundles.  As someone with some Apple stock, I am very happy with Apple’s policies and product bundles.

• Reply 17 of 21
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    DAalseth said:
    DAalseth said:

True, but the extras are things I don’t have any interest in. Apple Music, AppleNews, Fitness+, are not ever anything I am going to use. It doesn’t matter if they are free with the bundle.

Actually let me put it a different way: 2TB plus the cost of the two services I might want is still less than the topmost tier. The bundle isn’t saving me anything.
    Then you're not a potential customer for the bundle.  Not every Apple product has to be for you.
    mfryd
  • Reply 18 of 21
    ITGUYINSD said:
    Apple One is useless to me.  Too few choices on the bundles.  Family plan would almost work except Apple thinks 200GB is plenty to backup 6 iPhones and 6 iPads.  I have the 2TB iCloud storage because I also use Homekit compatible security cameras.  
    Maybe this helps: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/icloud/mme054c72692/icloud

HomeKit Secure Video does not count against iCloud storage.
  • Reply 19 of 21
    zeus423zeus423 Posts: 231member
    ITGUYINSD said:
    Any recommendations on a Homekit security camera system?
  • Reply 20 of 21
    mfryd said:
    DAalseth said:

Nobody (that I've seen) is saying there is anything "wrong with offering discounts to volume purchasers."  What I hear them saying is that what Apple is offering isn't attractive enough for those who don't, for whatever reason, want everything that's in the bundle.

Of course, for Apple, pricing the bundles the way they have is deliberate.  They want people to spend more money, and like the cable companies before them discovered, a la carte bundles, or even just a proliferation of various ones, aren't as profitable as limited ones.