Airversa launches first HomeKit smart air purifier compatible with Thread

Posted:
in General Discussion
Smart home company Airversa has debuted the Purelle, a new air purifier that's compatible with both Apple HomeKit and the Thread standards.

Credit: Airversa
Credit: Airversa

The Airversa Purelle Smart Air Cleaner is a smart home air purifier that's able to capture up to 99.97% of airborne particulate matter with a three-stage filtration system. It's also relatively quiet versus some other competitors with a maximum volume of 53 decibels.

However, it's the Thread and HomeKit support that are notable. The Airversa Purelle is the first HomeKit air purifier to support Thread, which is a new connectivity standard that allows smart home accessories to run on a mesh network.

The Purelle is able to clean a 1,000 square-foot room in about an hour. It features a True HEPA filtration system, which can clean air down to 0.3 microns, and a PM2.5 sensor that allows users to check the current air quality on its built-in display.

Because it's HomeKit compatible, users will also be able to command the Airversa Purelle with Siri voice commands on a connected device. Thread support will make for lower latency, extended range, and additional privacy and security benefits for smart home devices.

The Airversa Purelle is currently available to order from Amazon for $189.99.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    You see right there is a good example. This sounds like a good air cleaner. My question is why have it connected to HomeKit? Why have it connected to your phone? Why have it connected to anything at all? What on earth could I ask Siri to do with an air purifier? 

Like many Smart Home devices I just wonder WHY? What is the benefit? This device runs, it cleans the air. You change the filter periodically. That’s it.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    DAalseth said:
    You see right there is a good example. This sounds like a good air cleaner. My question is why have it connected to HomeKit? Why have it connected to your phone? Why have it connected to anything at all? What on earth could I ask Siri to do with an air purifier? 

Like many Smart Home devices I just wonder WHY? What is the benefit? This device runs, it cleans the air. You change the filter periodically. That’s it.
    Back in my day, we didn't have computers, we just read books!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 4
    DAalseth said:

They give several reasons and benefits right in the article: Its air quality sensor can be used in scenes (shut one’s Vellux skylights or vents when the air gets bad), turn on the purifier when one starts to head home from work, so that the air is clear when one arrives (rather than leaving it running all the time), turning it down to a quieter setting when one is heading to bed.

None of these may matter to you, but, in the same way, there are people who do not need a smart phone or watch. If you are not interested, do not buy it.
    macguibeowulfschmidt
  • Reply 4 of 4
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,357member
    I like the idea of HomeKit connectivity to turn it On/Off remotely should I choose and without have to dig into yet another app. Any other "connected" functionality would be icing on the cake. Many non-connected air cleaners and other devices can be set to schedule but when the human's schedule changes it's often not possible to turn the machine off or on because of that change.

It seems reasonably compact at 8.6" x 8".6 x 13.58". I've got an older Winix and it taller and much wider which limits placement.