Samsung mocks iPhone 14 in latest ad campaign

Posted:
in General Discussion
Samsung has released a new ad for the Galaxy S22 Ultra and the Z Flip4, all while claiming "this innovation is not coming to an iPhone near you."

"Buckle up for Apple's latest launch as you enter a world where heads will turn," the ad starts. "Just not in your direction."

The 30-second ad lists features of Samsung's lineup, including its 100x "Space Zoom," and 108-megapixel camera.

Samsung released the ad less than a week before Apple's September 7 "Far Out" event. During the event, Apple is expected to announce its iPhone 14 lineup.

This isn't the first time Samsung has openly mocked Apple, either.

In 2018, Samsung released a series of ads attacking the iPhone X for both its notch as well as its download speeds.

In 2019, Samsung quietly removed its 2017 ad that teased Apple over its missing 3.5mm headphone jack.

The company pulled the ad alongside its launch of the Galaxy Note 10 -- the first of Samsung's lineup to ditch the headphone jack in favor of a single USB-C port.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 43
    ‘Innovations’ like breaking easily and sub par battery life. Yeah, keep on trying Samsung.
    baconstangjeffharriskillroyradarthekatdoozydozenwatto_cobraravnorodomStrangeDaysFileMakerFeller
  • Reply 2 of 43
    Clever marketing but negative selling never works. It will just make Samsung users feel warm and fuzzy. Everyone knows, image quality isn't just about the amount of pixels. I still don't like the crease left on the screen with the flip phones. Samsung echo system isn't quite there yet either. 
    edited September 2022 twokatmewkillroywatto_cobraStrangeDays
  • Reply 3 of 43
    Should we start the countdown for removal of this ad? Same as Samsung did with few of them already?
    twokatmewkillroy9secondkox2watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 43
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,324member
    Pixel size matters perhaps more than the number of pixels, and Apple is clearly not dummying down their iPhones.  They tend to use larger pixels for better overall image quality.  Anyway, when you rip a competitor in an Ad instead of exclusively focusing on your own great features, you know your own great features are inadequate.  If anything, the SadSong ad serves as indirect "iPhone" Ad by mentioning its name so many times.  More people will be inclined to checkout the iPhone as a result.
    jeffharristwokatmewkillroyJinTech9secondkox2radarthekatdoozydozendewmewatto_cobraravnorodom
  • Reply 5 of 43
    When all the competitors in a market segment compare themselves to Product X, what do I usually buy?  Yep, Product X.  
    winstoner71800259secondkox2radarthekatbestkeptsecretwilliamlondonwatto_cobraravnorodomFileMakerFeller
  • Reply 6 of 43
    "Innovation" that breaks and sucks. 

Eh... you can keep that in your camp, Samsung. 

Leave it to the copycat company to attack a product that isn't even out yet. 

Next, they'll find a reason. to attack Apple's CPU and GPU that curb stomps theirs and call it overengineered. or something. 
    edited September 2022 jeffharriskillroydavenradarthekatwatto_cobraStrangeDaysFileMakerFeller
  • Reply 7 of 43
    Good old Samscum. They never learn.
    Japheywilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 43
    I thought I heard that Apple sources OLED phone screens from Samsung.  If that’s true,  you gotta love it.  One the one hand run these ads but at the same time happy to do business as a supplier.  LOL.  You would think Samsung would refuse to do any business with Apple since it markets it’s own phones.
    watto_cobraFileMakerFeller
  • Reply 9 of 43
    8002580025 Posts: 175member
    It’s distressing when an entity knocks another entity down in order to build themselves up. Better to stand on one’s own merits.
    killroysteve_jobsradarthekatwilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 43
    I’ve never heard Apple mention another phone or company in an ad in my life. If they did, I missed it. 
    80025killroyrezwitsradarthekatwatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 43
    No one cares of who has the best phone anymore. It’s not like it used to be. More people buy Apple products period and have the highest buying retention of any manufacturer in the world. And that’s Apple. Getting involved with feature vs feature is not like it used to be. People will buy the 14 and won’t look back. People will buy Samsung and won’t consider an iPhone. I used to be the geeked out benchmark phone guy. There is no reason for it. Just enjoy the phone you have. 
    twokatmewkillroymuthuk_vanalingamradarthekatdewmewatto_cobraravnorodomStrangeDaysFileMakerFeller
  • Reply 12 of 43
    I’ve never heard Apple mention another phone or company in an ad in my life. If they did, I missed it. 

Although not phone related, Apple did do the MAC vs PC commercials many moons ago.
    killroyrezwitsJaiOh81winstoner71grandact73watto_cobraravnorodom
  • Reply 13 of 43
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,020member
    jdw said:
    Pixel size matters perhaps more than the number of pixels, and Apple is clearly not dummying down their iPhones.  They tend to use larger pixels for better overall image quality.  Anyway, when you rip a competitor in an Ad instead of exclusively focusing on your own great features, you know your own great features are inadequate.  If anything, the SadSong ad serves as indirect "iPhone" Ad by mentioning its name so many times.  More people will be inclined to checkout the iPhone as a result.
    This add comes to mind https://youtu.be/Yc5Xws9TKlQ
  • Reply 14 of 43
    Guys come on, quit playing Fox and the Grapes...

I am a 100% macFanBoy, have purchased over 100 apple product in my lifetime, since 1985!

If they don't get a Flip and/or Fold next year for the 2023, "iPhone 15"

That's that... Samsung kicked our ASS.  I am not gonna sit here in denial!

I had a Motorola Flip (2-3 of um) back in the day and it's NiiiCCCCEEEE...

Sorry, face facts dawgs...  They have the SCREEN TECH, and Apple can't do an F-ing thing!

Get real boys...  BUT we kick their ass on EVERYTHING else, so... you know the saying:

You can't win um all...
    9secondkox2
  • Reply 15 of 43
    The issue with the flip is that it’s too thick, the hinge leaves a gap, there’s a crease, and it’s not waterproof. 

This article is more about Samsung’s opportunistic approach to advertising at the expense of the company it continuously apes.

I don’t think Apple or any other company is not aware of a flip phone, but as often the case with Apple, the tech is not where they’d like it to be yet. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 43
    The only issue I have with iPhone/Apple is lack of good optical zoom. No reason 12 & 13 Pro Max didn’t get a 50x. Now we are on the 14 and still nothing. Tech is there. Beyond ridiculous!
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 43
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,822member
    rezwits said:

I am a 100% macFanBoy, have purchased over 100 apple product in my lifetime, since 1985!

Sorry, face facts dawgs...  They have the SCREEN TECH, and Apple can't do an F-ing thing!

Get real boys...  BUT we kick their ass on EVERYTHING else, so... you know the saying:

You can't win um all...
    Genuine question - is having a folding screen really a 'big deal'? Why is such feature to be admired?
    JaiOh81tmayricmacwatto_cobraStrangeDaysFileMakerFeller
  • Reply 18 of 43
    rezwits said:

You can't win um all...
    This is … on the Z-Flip.

As for Samsung's glass slab offering: I'm buying an iPhone 14 Pro Max next week. Only decisions are color and storage - the latter being dictated by whether they increase lightning speed or not. I'm currently driving a 13 Pro Max 512GB which will be going to my wife - my daughter will be taking my 12 Pro Max (and maybe my Apple Watch 5).

There's just no getting around the synergies of the Apple ecosystem.

With Applecare+ with loss and theft, I no longer need a backup iPhone, and with Focus I no longer need to keep a zeroed out iPhone to fly my drone.
    JaiOh81radarthekatdewmewatto_cobrarezwits
  • Reply 19 of 43
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,324member
    rezwits said:
    Get real boys...  BUT we kick their ass on EVERYTHING else, so... you know the saying:
    You can't win um all...
    No, no, no, no, NO!  Folding phone tech is lousy and expensive!  Wanting Apple to do what SadSong has done so badly is not smart.  YOU CAN SEE THE FOLD CREASE!  No, that's not what I would pay upwards of $2,000 for.  Not on your life.  Maybe ass-kicker John Krease might like it, but not me.

Apple, please think outside the box and give us holographic projection instead.  That's the future, not creased displays.

JinTech said:
    jdw said:
    This add comes to mind https://youtu.be/Yc5Xws9TKlQ
    I would make an exception for that Ad because it's too darned funny and true! :smiley: 

edited September 2022 watto_cobraStrangeDays
  • Reply 20 of 43
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,152member
    Imagine the carry on about screen defects if Apple had produced the equivalents of flip versions one to three (and possibly Flip 4 but that remains  to be seen).
    Apole would not be able to get away with the same level of issues.
    jdw9secondkox2radarthekatwatto_cobraFileMakerFeller