What to expect from Apple's iPhone 14 event on September 7

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    macxpress said:
    wood1208 said:
    We kind of know what is expected from Apple end of 2022 but looking for one more thing! Small but important AV1 support in hardware encode/decode or M3 in high end MAC products ?
    You mean Mac products? MAC is not an acronym for anything so it doesn't need to be in all caps. It's quite annoying people still do this. 
    MAC address - Wikipedia

MAC is an acronym for Media Access Control. But it's about networking, not a class of computer products so you're right to complain about the original usage. 
    dewme
  • Reply 22 of 26
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,046member
    MAC stands for Makeup Art Cosmetics, one of the most popular global cosmetic brands in the world -- originally targeted to models -- now part of Estée Lauder Companies. But it's about personal beauty, not a class of computer products so you're right to complain about the original usage. 

:) 
    edited September 2022 muthuk_vanalingamcrowley
  • Reply 23 of 26
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,071member
    As a bit of a personal update, I am finding my lightning port on my Xr is having issues. But..if next year will bring usb-c I’m inclined to wait.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,170member
    macxpress said:
    wood1208 said:
    We kind of know what is expected from Apple end of 2022 but looking for one more thing! Small but important AV1 support in hardware encode/decode or M3 in high end MAC products ?
    You mean Mac products? MAC is not an acronym for anything so it doesn't need to be in all caps. It's quite annoying people still do this. 
    I mean, it's only been 38 years.
    38 years! That is depressing. I can remember bringing home that little Mac after graduation and being blown away with daleks on that dinky b&w screen.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,391member
    macxpress said:
    wood1208 said:
    There are 260 “MAC” acronyms listed here: 

https://www.acronymfinder.com/MAC.html

but they got the only one we care about correct!