Apple Watch Pro bands & faces will focus heavily on fitness

Posted:
in Apple Watch
Hours after the design of the Apple Watch Pro was confirmed, two new reports say that there will be new fitness information faces, and extreme sports-oriented watch bands.

Some of our favorite Apple Watch bands
Some of our favorite Apple Watch bands

Monday has been loaded with Apple rumors, including the leak of the case colors for the iPhone 14, and a series of reports surrounding the Apple Watch Pro. In amplifying remarks, Bloomberg's Mark Gurman has discussed the device in further detail.

In one Tweet he says that the Apple Watch Pro has rounded sides, like the Apple Watch Series 7. Additionally, the rumored extra button is said to be a multi-purpose button, customizable by the user.

Specifically, that button is said to be able to fire up a specific app, workout, or feature of the Watch.

Later, Gurman elaborates on the Apple Watch Pro ecosystem. Reportedly, there will be "info dense faces for fitness metrics." Additionally, the new set of Apple Watch bands for the device will be "wide ranging" and lean into extreme sports.

This isn't covered in the CAD drawings, but the new set of bands for the Apple Watch Pro is going to be pretty wide ranging and play into the extreme sports theme. There will also be some pretty info dense faces for fitness metrics. https://t.co/jSD0KZGe1b

-- Mark Gurman (@markgurman)
It's not yet clear if the existing bands for the Apple Watch will fit on the Apple Watch Pro.

Other recent rumors about the Apple Watch Pro have predicted that it will be larger than the Apple Watch to date. Pricing is said to be $900 or more.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Sounds to me that they are going deeper into fitness.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I have mixed feelings about the new Apple Watch 8 Pro per the rumors.  I’d like to upgrade my Apple Watch 7, for sure, but maybe I won’t if I lose the $1500 in bands I’ve acquired over the last many years, including the especially nice stainless link and mesh, very expensive, bands I only wear on dress up occasions.  All I’ve heard so far indicates the titanium case will only be available in the new design, and require completely new bands to accommodate the larger case.  I certainly won’t “upgrade” to a new anodized aluminum case just to get an Apple Watch 8.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I have mixed feelings about the new Apple Watch 8 Pro per the rumors.  I’d like to upgrade my Apple Watch 7, for sure, but maybe I won’t if I lose the $1500 in bands I’ve acquired over the last many years, including the especially nice stainless link and mesh, very expensive, bands I only wear on dress up occasions.  All I’ve heard so far indicates the titanium case will only be available in the new design, and require completely new bands to accommodate the larger case.  I certainly won’t “upgrade” to a new anodized aluminum case just to get an Apple Watch 8.
    Then don't. Wait until the 9 or later.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 4 of 4
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,166member
    It is possible that the apple watch pro bands are different as they might have some functionality built in. Eg extra battery, sensors etc. that work through a smart connector. You never know.
    doozydozen