Apple Watch Pro shown off in new renders one day before release

Posted:
in Apple Watch
New renders depicting the Apple Watch Pro offers what could be the closest look yet at what Apple may reveal to the world during Wednesday's "Far Out" event.

Many rumors have claimed Apple is working on some form of high-grade Apple Watch, a rugged model that's bigger than others in the range. One day ahead of Apple's special event that may end up launching the Apple Watch Pro, renders have been published that may be very close to what Apple actually reveals.

The renders, shared on Twitter in a collaboration between Ian Zelbo and Parker Ortolani, take the form of images and text that you would expect to see on Apple's website post-launch. The accompanying text and images all incorporate the more plausible rumors that have spread about the timepiece, including more recent claims about its casing.

According to the renders, the Pro model will have a titanium case, which has been previously referred to in rumors. While the sides are round, the large two-inch screen is depicted as flat, again following the rumors.

The casing, a "new design that's more durable," also incorporates a new "crown guard" to protect the Digital Crown. While the usual Digital Crown wheel is exposed on almost all sides, the hump covers some of the wheel's sides so it can't be as damaged from an impact.

The hump will also include the usual side button, which is extended out to match the Digital Crown's position. On the other side of the Apple Watch Pro, the renders also depict a second side button, which is thought to be a programmable control, possibly used as a shortcut for specific features selected by the user.

New features including a Hiking app are teased, as well as a version of Safari for the Apple Watch. There are also claims you will be able to see complications in Low Power Mode, as well as being able to continue to track activity and workouts.

Apple Watch Pro - Extremely new. Guarded for you. #AppleEvent
In collaboration with @ParkerOrtolani pic.twitter.com/3xJ4Grj2tJ

-- Ian Zelbo (@ianzelbo)

The renders also lean on the suggestion that the Apple Watch could start from $900 and maybe reaching $1,000, but settles for a debut price of $999.

The new model is otherwise expected to be similar to the Apple Watch Series 8 in many respects, other than its size, design, and ruggedness. Given its stature, potentially being 47 or 49mm in size, it is possible that new sizes of bands will be required.

Internally, it should also use the S8 processor, though there are doubts it will be that much faster than the S7 used in the Apple Watch Series 7. Among the sensor improvements could be body temperature sensing, which could allow the Apple Watch to detect a fever for the first time, among other potential temperature-based uses.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 31
    williamhwilliamh Posts: 1,032member
    I hope this watch includes some great new sensors.  Otherwise, Apple Watch has some worthy competitors and the pricing won’t look too good. 

I’ve previously sworn (to myself) that I would not buy an “overpriced” Apple thing and later couldn’t help but buy it.  I want a new watch and the Garmins look pretty tough and do what I want them to. Alternatively the regular Apple Watch line has been working great for me. I don’t know how they upsell me to this one. They might. 
    edited September 2022
  • Reply 2 of 31
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    The crown guard reminded me of the old rumors that the Apple Watch would eventually get Touch ID. While it’s true that rumor hasn’t made the rounds in quite some time, it’s also true that Apple has always managed to keep Watch development more under the radar than some of its other products. Maybe tomorrow the Apple Watch Pro finally brings Touch ID to the line. 
    caladanianwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 31
    AllOFUS said:
    Not sure if this will be another headset studio pro like debacle. 
    Define debacle? 
    gregoriusmlollivermeterestnzJonyArhendtswatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 31
    Hope it has a lot of features or I’m definitely not upgrading. I went from 2 to 4 to 5 to 6, but 7 I couldn’t justify the upgrade. Might be the same case here.
    williamh
  • Reply 5 of 31
    Jesus, it looks ugly!
    chadbaganantksundaram
  • Reply 6 of 31
    aatbaatb Posts: 10member
    Assuming the rumors are true, its price is too steep for me. I'm guessing the Apple Watch Pro is aimed for the high end fitness segment that Garmin is also after. I wish them success but the series 5 and SE I currently own are more than enough for my needs. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 31
    I cannot believe Apple would ever release something so clumsy looking
    chadbaganantksundaram
  • Reply 8 of 31
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 1,999member
    I hope these are not anywhere near reality.  That is one fugly watch.  

Luckily it is the "pro" model.  I really hope the standard model doesn't inherit that fugliness if this is real.  
    anantksundaram
  • Reply 9 of 31
    Hope it has a lot of features or I’m definitely not upgrading. I went from 2 to 4 to 5 to 6, but 7 I couldn’t justify the upgrade. Might be the same case here.
    I'm in the market. I went from 0 - 5, and lately got a bit bored with the watch and went back to my Seiko Diver.
    My wife has the 6 with blood oxygen, which is desirable.  Temperature might be enough to motivate me if it's reasonably accurate. I had an old G-shock I think that had a temperature sensor, but it was all over the place between ambient and body readings.

Also hoping this render is way off target.  I like crown guards, but this is not pretty.  I'd like to see more crystal protection.
    Also hoping for a higher depth rating for water sport comfort.  How about a scuba diving app?!
    anantksundaramspheric
  • Reply 10 of 31
    Japhey said:
    The crown guard reminded me of the old rumors that the Apple Watch would eventually get Touch ID. While it’s true that rumor hasn’t made the rounds in quite some time, it’s also true that Apple has always managed to keep Watch development more under the radar than some of its other products. Maybe tomorrow the Apple Watch Pro finally brings Touch ID to the line. 
    Why would you need Touch ID on the Watch?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 31
    I'm not enthused. While I like my AW4, I am frustrated with much of it. I can't delete built-in apps i don't/ won't use; and the "safety" features don't work. The high noise function simply stopped working for months, and now mysteriously back. I had several false alarms on the the fall detection when I first got it; and I had a rather serious one a few weeks ago and...nothing. I hit the deck hard, and I was prepared to intercept the emergency all, but it never went off. Turns out I was OK...but...

Gone are the days when Apple's stuff "just works." Disappointing.
    edited September 2022 anantksundaram
  • Reply 12 of 31
    williamhwilliamh Posts: 1,032member
    aatb said:
    Assuming the rumors are true, its price is too steep for me. I'm guessing the Apple Watch Pro is aimed for the high end fitness segment that Garmin is also after. I wish them success but the series 5 and SE I currently own are more than enough for my needs. 
    There are some expensive Garmins but also some fully featured models with prices similar to the current Apple Watch range.  The Garmins have some advantages over the Apple Watch. We will see where things stand tomorrow.  I’ve been happy with my AW4 but I will try to look at things with fresh eyes. 
  • Reply 13 of 31
    Yikes... that left ear looks horrible. Ugly, even.  :#
    edited September 2022 chadbag
  • Reply 14 of 31
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,152member
    SebbCee said:
    I cannot believe Apple would ever release something so clumsy looking
    Renders are not quite the same as actual. 
    CluntBaby92watto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 31
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    Advice to those who created the fake advertisements:  leave the taglines to Apple; it’s not your forte.
    leighrwatto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 31
    Japhey said:
    Why would you need Touch ID on the Watch?
    Who said anything about need? It would definitely be convenient, though. If you’ve tried the new watchOS Beta, in order to wake the Watch From sleeping, you have to hold the crown in for what feels like a really long time. With Touch ID it would be instant. Plus, just the whole way it feels is very Touch ID-like. 

A little over 12 hours until we find out!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 31
    It seems unlikely that Apple would use a raised platform for the button next to the dial. It hinders the usage of the dial. I can access the button just fine when it is flush against the watch side.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 18 of 31
    It seems unlikely that Apple would use a raised platform for the button next to the dial. It hinders the usage of the dial. I can access the button just fine when it is flush against the watch side.
    By “dial”, I assume you mean crown. Many high-end timepieces have crown guards and it doesn’t hinder their usage at all. As far as the button goes, by integrating it into the crown guard, it frees up space inside for a larger battery or extra sensors. If it is true, it will likely be viewed as another example of Apples design genius. I just wonder if the rumored second button is raised too. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 19 of 31
    Japhey said:

Why do you want touch ID so bad? Do you really remove your watch that often?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 31
    I’m sure the real watch adverts will have much better copywriting and grammar. 
    watto_cobra